chapter twenty

01:04 am.
Annie's POV:

I kept tossing and turning all night. I struggled to get comfortable.
Hayden had been asleep for hours now and I was just laying next to him awake, my mind was unable to shut down. My thoughts just kept on flowing.
"Baby, please let mommy sleep.." I whispered to myself, staring down at my stomach. It was weird because I hadn't really gotten the fact that I was pregnant to sink in.
I took a deep breath and got up out of bed. I was pouring with sweat and decided to take a quick shower, maybe that might help. From the closet, I grabbed a large shirt and some clean underwear, I went to the bathroom, undressed and stepped into the shower. Turning the water on, I let the water drip down my back. I instantly felt refreshed.

After about 10 minutes I stepped out of the shower and dried myself with the towel. I put on some black underwear and then the black t shirt which looked almost like a short dress on me. The feeling of hunger consumed me, I've been feeling that a lot lately.
I slowly ran my hand over my soon to be pregnancy stomach, I feel like these next few months are going to go slow.
I go back to school in a month and by then it would be obvious that I will look pregnant.
I walk downstairs and head towards the kitchen, not expecting anyone to be there.
"Shoot, you scared me!" I say quietly, looked ahead at my mother who was sitting at the island.
"Why are you up?" She asked, gesturing me to sit beside her.
"I couldn't sleep," I replied, sitting in the seat beside her.
"What about you?" I asked.
"The same," she replied.
I knew she was thinking about dad but I didn't want to get too stressed about it so I just left it.
"Is there any food?" I ask.
"Look in the cupboards," My mom says, drinking her cup of coffee.
I slowly get up and check the cupboards. I pull out a bag of reeses pieces and some chips.
"This is heaven," I joke as I take chip and eat it.
I offered my mom some and she did the same.
I sat back down beside her and rested my head on her shoulder.
"Everything's changing.." I mumbled.
"I know, sweetie," My mom told me.
"There's so many things I want to ask but I don't know how to say them, it's like all my thoughts are pushing me further into a tornado and it's almost as if it's eating me alive," I blurted out.
"Everything will soon be under control, and you never know that maybe adding a baby to the mix will be just what everyone needs, you know?" She reassures me.
"B-but what if I-i-" I say before getting cut off.
"You'll be an amazing mother because you always know what's best," she says instantly bringing tears to my eyes.
"I'm sorry," I say half cry half laughing.
"Dang these hormones," I say.
I wipe my eyes and continue eating.
"You have a doctors appointment in two days," My mom tells me.
I nod, feeling a little nervous.
"Will they do an ultrasound?" I ask.
"Yes," my mother replied.
I smile widely and place my hand on my stomach.

~ 08:26 am ~

Annie's POV:
I woke up in Hayden's arms. I enjoyed just speaking to my mom last night, it made me feel much more comfortable about everything.
"Good morning, beautiful," whispered Hayden.
"Good morning, handsome," I whispered back.
I turned to face him, I pulled myself into his chest and kissed his cheek.
"How's our princess?" Hayden asked as he placed his hand on my stomach.
"It might not even be a girl," I say with a giggle.
"I have a feeling she will be," he replies back.
"Okay well, she's good," I tell him with another soft giggle.
"What about you? Did you sleep well?" Asked Hayden.
I shrugged and placed my hand on his chest.
"It could've been better," I whispered.
My eyes made there way up towards his lips, he had a smirk plastered on his face which looked extremely hot.
Our lips slowly touched, soon it was becoming more passionate then ever. It wasn't long before I was panting for air.
—————
tbc.
word count 738.