chapter thirty five

annie's pov:

I woke up to the sound of silence. Everything was quiet, and that's what scared me.
"H-Hayden!" I cried out.
There was no response.
I took several deep breaths as I tried my best to calm down my panic.
My eyes were blurred with tears forming, I just wanted Hayden.

*                      .                     *

"Miss LeBlanc?" A woman came walking in the room holding a clipboard.
"W-where's Hayden," I sobbed.
"Your boyfriend?" She asked place the clipboard on a cabinet beside the bed I was laying in.
"Y-yes.."
"He's outside, he can come in once I've done a check up on you to see if your baby is okay," she explains.
"B-but I want him, p-please," I cried, my body was shaking.
"Okay but not for long," she spoke as she walked out of the room.
I wiped my eyes and stared blankly at the ceiling.
"Baby?" I heard Hayden's voice, his voice has been the only thing I've wanted to hear since I woke up.
I looked towards him as he walked closer to me.
"Hayden, I-I'm scared.." I cried.
"I've got you, okay? I won't let anyone hurt you," He whispered, wiping my tears away.
"Y-you promise?" I asked.
"I promise."
He pulled me into a hug and planted a kiss on my forehead before walking out of the room again.
"Julianna, I'm going to do an ultrasound to see if your baby is okay," the nurse spoke.
I nodded and watched as she put the gel on my stomach. Soon an outlined picture of my baby appeared on the screen. I stared in amazement as it looked much bigger than the last time.
"Your baby is nice and healthy, so that's good," the nurse told me.
"W-why did I pass out though?" I asked nervously.
"Stress and probably dehydration. Now that you're four months pregnant you need to start drinking more even if it means you have to use the bathroom constantly."
I nodded.
"You're blood levels are also a little high right now, so I'm going to go get you something that can help with that," she says.
"Is it normal for me to still be getting sickness too?" I ask.
"Yes, only up until 14 weeks, so not for long."
I nod.
The nurse slowly exits the room and I take some deep breaths. My baby is at risk and it's all my fault.
"Anns?"
I turned my head and saw Hayden standing beside me.
"I want to go home.." I spoke.
"Soon, we just need to wait for the doctor."
I nodded and slowly sat up.
"Are you sure you want to do that?" Hayden asked.
"I'm okay."
"Are you sure?" He asked.
I nodded.
"I just want to hug you tightly.."
"I promise we can do that as soon as we get home," Hayden smiles and kisses my forehead.
I let out a small giggle.
"I love you.." Hayden whispered.
"I love you too," I smiled.

tbc 💘