chapter sixteen

Annie's POV:
I put my phone in my pocket and turn around, to see Hayden.
"Did I do something wrong?" He asks.
I took a deep breath.
"No," I reply.
"Then tell me what's bothering you," he begs.
"I don't really know what's happening right now, okay, so can you just stop asking?" I say trying my best not to shout.
"Sorry.." I tell him straight after, "I just.. I don't know anymore.."

Hayden walks towards me and hugs me.
"I understand, I'm just worried about you," he whispers to me.
"I know, I'm sorry..." I whisper back.

There was a knock at the door.
"I think it's Carson, Jayden called saying that he was going to pick us up," I say, walking towards the door.
We both walk out and get into Carson's car, I sit at the back whilst Hayden and Carson are at the front.
We drove to mine, the whole car ride was quiet.
Grabbing my bag I get out of the car and wait for Hayden to come. When he did he intertwined our fingers together, I looked down at our hands and they were connected. A smile grew on my face.

"Oh, Annie, I'm glad you're okay!" I heard my mom say.
I ran towards her and hugged her tightly.
"I love you mom," I giggle.
"I love you too sweetie," she replies.
We both smile.
"Hayley and Jayden are inside, I'm just going to talk to the boys for a second," she tells me.
I look over at Carson and Hayden I wink at them and laugh.
"Okay well I'll be inside," I tell them and walk into the house.

Walking upstairs I can hear Jayden and Hayley talking, I already know they're in my room so I go straight in.
"Annie!" Hayley calls as she sees me.
"Hey," I say.
I walk over to them both and hug them.

                *.               *.               *.

"What did you need to talk to me about?" Jayden asked, I peer over the the door to make sure Hayley had left.
I talk a deep breath and begin to explain.
"Okay, so.. promise me you won't get mad?"
"I won't, I promise!"
"Well, I umm.. I-I think I m-might be.."
I slutter nervously.
"Oh no," she mumbles.
"Are you sure? Have you taken a test?" She whispers.
"Not yet.. but I keep throwing up and I feel so weak and out of breath a lot more than usual..." I say.
"Okay, well, I'll buy you some tests and then we'll check with a doctor if we have too, don't stress too much Okay?" She tells me.
"How will you get the tests?" I ask.
"I'll say that I'm going to go grab something at mine but I'll just go to the store instead, I'll pick up a couple different ones so we can be sure," Jayden explained, holding onto my hand.
"Thank you... you're a great best friend I don't deserve you," I say, emotions start overwhelming me.
She just smiled and got up.
"I'll get some snacks for everyone whilst I'm there too," she says.
"Yes! Get some Doritos!" I yell as she's already out of my room.
I giggle to myself then turn on the tv. I watch some episodes of tvd and I hear a knock at the door.
"Who is it?" I say, pausing the tv.
"It's me," I hear Hayden say.
"Come in," I reply.
He walks in and sits next to me on my bed.
"You feeling better?" He asked.
I nod and smile.
"Still feel a little sick but it's not that bad as before," I say.
He nods and then snuggles up to me, we both watch Netflix for an hour then we head downstairs because Jayden is back.
"Doritos?" She says, handing me a pack of them.
"Thank you," I tell her.
She puts all the snacks on the table then she grabs my arm and we walk upstairs together.
"Did you get them?" I say, feeling nervous.
She nods then pulls out two boxes of them from her pocket.
"Here," She says.
"Thank you," I take them and hug her.
I walk to the bathroom and put the boxes down on the counter.
"Can you come in here with me?" I ask feeling really anxious.
"Sure," She says.
She comes in and locks the door.
"No matter what the results are, I will always be here for you," She says, rubbing my back and pulling me into a  hug.
"I love you," I say, smiling at her nervously.
I open up the first box and follow the instructions. Whilst we wait for the results, I do another but from a digital test which is supposed to tell me how many weeks I am. Me and Hayden have only been together for two weeks so it will be hard for the tests to pick up the pregnancy.

"Is three minutes over yet?" I ask Jayden, my hands were trembling as I just wanted to turn the tests over to see the results.
"Almost," She says.
"C-can you look first.." I ask her as soon as the timer stops.
She nods and turns the tears over. The expression on her face was unreadable.

"W-what does I-it say?" I whisper.
I take some deep breaths as she hands them to me.

I couldn't believe it.
I'm...

————
tbc hehe :)
word count: 902