chapter fourteen

9:05 am.
Annie's POV:
I eyes shot open as I looked around the room. I could no longer feel the warmth of Hayden's body beneath me. I turned my head towards the other couch, both Jayden and Connor were no longer in here. Sitting up, I took the blanket off me and walked over to the door.
All I could hear was murmurs, I couldn't quite make out who and what was being said.
I shrugged, without thinking I opened the door and was face to face with shock.
My heart sunk.
My body became tensed, my breath trailed out of its normal pace.

"W-what?" I mumbled under my breath.

Disbelief filled my body, as my eyes scanned the victim in front.
I froze. Unable to move as I stumbled across to the wall, trying to regain my balance.
I could feel my body collapsing, my eyes forcibly shut tightly.

"Annie?!" I could only just hear Hayden's voice before it all went black.

~ 1.5 hours later ~

Annie's POV:
My eyes fluttered open.
"H-Hayden.." I managed to say, catching my breath.
The urge of throwing up consumed me.
"Anns I'm here," Hayden came rushing into the room.
I felt comfortable knowing that I was still at Jayden's house.
"You look really pale," Hayden informed.
I shot up out of the bed and run towards the bathroom. I swung the door open and lent down by the toilet. My face inches away from it, I threw up. It felt like I was throw up my insides.
It wasn't long until Hayden ran in, holding up my hair and trying his best to comfort me. He so hot when he acts like this.
I wiped my mouth as soon as I was done. I laid down on the bathroom floor, all my energy was gone.
"Are you okay?" Hayden asked, concern was in his voice.
I shook my head, my eyes were struggling to stay open.
By my surprise, Hayden laid down next to me. I buried myself in his arms.
I was silently crying in his chest, trying to make sure he couldn't hear.
"I'm sorry.." Hayden said.
I took a deep breath.
"W-why..?" I asked.
"I just am," he replied, I knew what he meant when he said that.
"I just wanted to protect you.." he blurted out.
I smiled.
"I wasn't expecting my father to come looking for me..." I said under my breath.
"But I guess life's not perfect," I say straight after.
"I feel you.." he replied.
Then I remembered, he's lost his parents and that's far worse.
I took a few breaths before saying: "I know about your parents.."
I look at Hayden, a frown appears on his face.
"You don't have to act brave around me.." I whisper.
He takes a breath and nods.
"Tell me about them," I say.
"Are you sure?" He asks.
I nod and smile, I needed something to distract me from throwing up.
"Okay well, my dads name is Jimmy and my moms called Tisha.." he says.
"omg!" I blurt out, he looks at me in confusion.
"You're that Hayden? The one who I was friend with when I was six!" I say excitedly.
"You didn't remember?" He asks.
"I did, I just thought he was someone else, you look so different.." I reply.
"You've changed a lot too," he tells me with a wink, which instantly makes me giggle.
"You needa stop making me laugh, it makes my stomach hurt," I tell him.
"Sorry, I cant help it!" He says with a laugh.
I try my best not to laugh but I end up failing.
"Okay, Okay," I laugh, grabbing onto my stomach.
I cough, which brings up more puke.
I throw up again down the toilet, this time my body burns in agony. A warm hand on my back instantly takes that pain away.
"I'm sorry, I don't know what's wrong with me..." I say quietly after I was done.
"It's okay, let's go get you somewhere comfy, yeah?" Hayden replies.
I nod, as he carries me back into the room and lays me on the bed.
"Lay with me," I ask as he pulled the covers over me.
He gets under the covers with me.
We talk about childhood memories and about our family problems and worries.
I'm so glad that I've finally found him.

—————
tbc xo
word count: 737 x