Prologue

"What ever happened to the values of life? Revenge isn't something I believe in. Revenge, is a flaw in a sentient life. Revenge, causes more pain.." - Dwyane Wade

"Sally, come help me with the food!" Rouge yelled. "Hold on a second!" She yelled from a different room. Sally turned back to look at her dresser beside her bed. She was straightening things up around her room. She looked up from the floor, and saw a picture.

The picture, was of her and her special man, Sonic. It was the picture of their first dance. Sally was living with Rouge for the time being until Sonic was relived of his duties. She picked the picture frame up, and just looked at it.

She smiled while a tear rolled down her soft cheek. "Sally!" She heard Rouge yell again. "I'm coming!" She yelled again, but more happily this time. She ran into the kitchen to help Rouge with their food. They were having a special occasion.

It was only 3 months until the boys return from war."Okay, I think we're done." Sally said, wiping her tear away. "What were you doing in there that took you so long anyway?" Rough asked. I was tidying up. But then I began to glaze at the pictures and Sonic." She said softly.

"Awe Sally, they'll be home in less than half a year! We can wait that long!" Rouge said to cheer her up.
"I know... But they've been gone for 2 years! I miss him so much..." She said happily but sadly at the same time.
"Lemme get the table ready. I'll let you put our food out." Sally said winking at Rouge.

Rouge sighed. She knew Sally was gonna pick that option. Taking food to the table was the worst part.
Sally put their plates and silverware on the table, then called to Blaze. Blaze living with the two. She wasn't cooking with them because she was cleaning upstairs. "Blaze! Time to eat!" Sally yelled. Blaze ran down to the table split second later. "Man, I'm so hungry." She said.

"Well, sit at the table and we'll start to pig out." Sally said. All the girls laughed.

The three sat at the table and started to eat. "Wait, girls I'll be right back. I have to go get more milk." Blaze said. She of all people would say that. Because since she's a cat, milk is one of her favorite things. "Okay, we'll see ya when you get back." Rouge said, as she swallowed her spaghetti.

*dong ding* the door bell rang. "I'll get it!" Rouge yelled. She ran over to the door swiftly. She looked through a peephole, and saw two agent looking hedgehogs in black suits. They had sunglasses and an Acorn Kingdom flag in their hands.

"Hello?" Rouge said as she answered the door. "Ma'am, are you Rouge Bat?" One of the upset looking men said.
"Yes. What's this all about?" She said curiously. One of the men pulled out a picture of Shadow, and sat it on the neatly folded up Acorn Kingdom flag.

"I'm sorry ma'am." The man said. He unfolded the flag, and stuck it in the ground with a pole. Rouge looked at the picture of Shadow with big eyes. "So Shadow is..." She said with a heart breaking expression.

"Yes. I'm sorry for your loss ma'am." He said. She dropped to her knees with the picture scrunched up in her hand. "No.." She whispered to herself. She began to break down on her front porch. Sally rushed to the door, after hearing Rouge sob loudly.

"Rouge! What is.... It..." He voice faded off. She saw the new flag and picture of Shadow. "Oh my god..." Sally said, as she put her hands over her mouth. She dropped on her knees to be even with Rouge. She began to cry with Rouge.
They both knew, Shadow was now a Lost boyfriend, brother, and best friend. And he will forever rest in peace.

Nothing was the same, after that.