Low Profile

"Silv... Are you okay?" Blaze asked with a pained look. "Yeah baby... I'm fine.." He lied. "Silver, what's bothering you?" Blaze asked, as she sat beside him on the bed. "It's nothing B. Let's just go to sleep." He said, before he tried to lie down. He moaned in pain when he tried.

"You've looked depressed ever since she asked about your injuries. Are the hurting or bothering you?" She asked in concern. "No... It's just... Why us. Why did all this crap have to happen." He said. Blaze just stared at him with sadness.

"I mean, this is great! I'm home! I love you! But baby... I can't sleep. And even when I do, I have nightmares. Just... Look at everything. A ruthless army, a fallen brother and a war criminal aiming for our heads? I just, what..? It's getting to me. And... Im trying to protect the one thing I would die for... That's you."

Blaze still stared at him with sadness. You're stressed, I know. And I love you just got home! Yes, there are conflicts down this road. But, look at all this! I don't care if we are in hiding. And I don't care if we're keeping low. I just care... That I'm back in your arms again." She slightly smiled.

Silver smiled back. "Thanks gorgeous." He said, then kissed her forehead. "Anytime baby. Now go to sleep. You look like you haven't slept in days." She said, then turned the lamp off. "And Silvy.. I love you." She said. "Love you too." He smiled, then out his arm around her.
__________________________

Sonic carefully walked back through the hallway. He looked down the kitchen, to make sure Nicole wasn't there. Then he breezed through the living room, to check there also. "Thank god." He sighed in relief. He took the tissues out of his nostrils, and threw them away.

He breezed back to the bedroom, and walked in. Sally still wasn't asleep. "What took you so damn long??" She questioned. "Uhh... Nothing." He rubbed the back of his head nervously. She just rolled her eyes, and rolled back over in bed.

Sonic jumped into the bed, and got close to his loved one. He pulled her into him closer. She laid her head on his chest, and closed her eyes. "Goodnight baby." He softly whispered to her, then kissed her cheek.

He laid his head on his pillow, and closed his eyes. But, he knew he couldn't sleep. He was to busy thinking of Shadow. He was mostly thinking, of the last time he, Silver and Shadow hung out off base. And all their other great times.
__________________________

Flashback

In the nice, night covered city, the stars were bright, and the people were last minute Christmas shopping. Sonic, Silver and Shadow were at their home, decorating for Christmas. Silver and Sonic were looking down at the mopey black hedgehog.

"What's with him? He hasn't helped once today?" Silver asked, from the top of the huge tree. It was so big, he was levitating to be at the top. "I don't know. I think I'll go help him. Wish me luck." Sonic smiled as he dashed away, throwing a bulb in the air.

"That's what I'm afraid of." Silver said as he caught the bulb with his PK.

"Hey Shadz." Sonic grinned as he sat by him. "I told you not to call me that." Shadow sighed. "Okay, what's up mopey." Sonic asked him. "Why should I tell you.." Shadow said. "Because we both know... I am a very stubborn hedgehog." He said as he smiled.

"Is it because it's you and Rouge's first Christmas and you don't know what to get her?" Sonic said with a grin. "How did you- "I have the same problem with Sally." He said. "You mean you still haven't gotten her anything.." Shadow said.

"Eh heh.... Nope." Sonic said nervously. "Idiot..." Shadow sighed as he grabbed the bridge of his nose. Sonic got up, and ran back over to Silver for help with the tree. "C'mon Shadow!" Silver yelled. "I'm coming.." He grumbled.

End of Flashback
_________________________

"Heh... Classic Shadow..." Sonic chuckled to himself. "I hope the big man is taking care of you up there.." Sonic said as he looked up at the ceiling. He felt Sally move, then looked down at her. She looked so happy and peaceful.
__________________________

Amy was fast asleep in her room, and happily snoring. But woke up to a sudden noise. "What the.." She said, grumpily because she was woken up. She then checked to see if Cream woke up. But thankfully she was still asleep. Amy got up, to go see what the noise was.

She walked out the door, and saw a light coming from the living room. "What the hell..?" She questioned. She walked toward the living room, moping from lack of sleep. She saw the TV on, with Nicole walking up with a mug full of coffee.

"Oh great you're up!" Nicole said. "Nicole... It's like 4:00 a.m..." Amy sighed in tiredness. "I know. But since I still have a programming, I only have to sleep two hours a night." Nicole explained. "Oh. Well, do you mind keeping it down?" She asked. "No prob Ames." She said as she sat down on the couch.

"Alright thank you." Amy said, as she walked back to the room her, Cream and Rouge shared. She shut the door, and went back to sleep. "This will take some getting used to.." Nicole said about her new guests.
__________________________

Silver was sleeping calmly, with Blaze laying on his chest. He woke up, because of the bright sunlight. "Too early for this shit.." Silver grumbled, and rolled back over. But he forgot Blaze was laying on me.

"Silver! Get the hell off me!" Blaze yelled in shock. Silver finally realized, and got off her swiftly. "Sorry baby. Forgot you were asleep on me." Silver slightly chuckled. "Gah! You nearly suffocated me!" She hit his chest.
"Chill Blaze." He said, while he laughed.

"Gah you can be such an idiot." She lightly chuckled. "Well isn't that why you love me?" He said with a grin. "S-shut up and get out of bed." She laughed. He smiled at her, and got up to go to the bathroom. Leaving, Blaze getting out of bed herself.

"Awe aren't y'all adorable!" Blaze jumped, at Nicole's voice. "How long have you been standing there??" Blaze asked. "Hmm... Bout 2 minutes. I walked by and I heard you yelling." She laughed at her. "Gah he's just... Such a dork.." Blaze laugh loudly.

"Heard that." Silver yelled from down the hall. Nicole as Blaze both laughed. "How the heck are you already dressed and ready?!" Blaze asked. "I only sleep 2 hours a night. It's in my programming." Nicole said again. "Wow. Dang... You know fashion." Blaze said.

"Awe thanks. I can just spawn the latest style on myself. I don't even have to change. I can even change into whoever!" Nicole said in joy. She snapped her fingers, then changed into Sally in a gorgeous blue dress. "Holy crap! That's amazing!" Blaze exclaims.

"Hey Sally." Silver said as he walked by to the kitchen. Nicole and Blaze started laughing. "What's so funny?" Silver asked. Then Nicole turned into Silver. "Oh what the hell!!" Silver yelled in shock. Nicole changed back into herself, and started laughing.

"So gullible." Nicole said, as she grabbed his chin, then walked off. Silver just stared at his laughing girlfriend with shock and confusion. "What just happened..?" He asked. "Don't worry about it." She laughed. Then, Silver's stomach rumbled.

"Well then. C'mon baby, we'll get something to eat. Then, we'll go and get some new clothes." Silver smiled, then helped his honey out of bed.

"Good I'm starving." Sonic said, as he breezed by. "Such a dumbass..." Silver chuckled.