Redemption

"S-Sally... Get Cream and the g-girls out of here." Sonic squeezed out. He tried to stand up, but was to weak to. "No! We aren't leaving you!" Sally yelled back. "It wasn't a question. GO!!" Sonic yelled. "C'mon, we have to go." Blaze said. She, and the others all ran with Cream in another direction. "Now that they're out of the way... Why don't we get down to business." Swift grinned evilly.

"The war is over! Your tyranny is finished Swift!!" Silver yelled. "My war... Ends with you." Swift said, as he pulled his pistol out. Sonic quickly grabbed Silver, and dodged the bullets.

"Sonic, throw me!" Silver said. Sonic spun around with his great blue speed, and let go of Silver's leg. Silver went flying towards Swift. He tackled him to the ground. He began rapidly pinching him in the face.

Swift kicked him off, and stood back up. He pulled his knife out if it's sheathe and starting slicing at Silver. He brung the blade down, where Silver rolled out of the way. He threw a punch at Swift but he grabbed Silver's arm and pulled it back. "You'll never learn kid." He grinned. He put it behind his back and was about to stab him. Sonic jumped up, and kicked the blade out of his hand. "ENOUGH!!" Swift shouted.

They heard a loud rumble sound, and looked up. It was a troop helicopter dropping men with rifles. "Ah shit.." Sonic said. Swift pulled his signature sword from his back sheathe, and held it ahead of him pointing it towards Sonic. "Finish them!" He shouted. The sky was filled with flying bullets. Silver used his Psychokinesis and made a forcefield around himself and Sonic.

"Silver, we have to find a way out of here." Sonic states. "I know, I'm thinking." Silver answered back. He looks around, at all the exits and streets. He had to look passed all the men to find a way out. "Hey Sonic.." Silver said. "What??" He said. "Do you remember the sonic boom?" Silver determinedly grinned.

Sonic grinned right back. "Charge up!" Silver yelled, as the forcefield went down. Sonic did his Spindash attack, but kept spinning. Silver held him in place while he spun. "One...two.... THREE!!" Silver yelled. He let go of Sonic, and he flew straight through the horde of me, killing them due to whiplash.

Sonic clearer the way, then dashed back over to Silver. He grabbed him, then took off into the street. "Silv, call Blaze! Ask them where they are!" Sonic said. "Gotcha." Silver said, then took his phone out. "Keep an eye out for Swift." He said, as they phone rang.

"Silver! Silver are you okay?!"

"I'm fine baby. Where are you?!"

"We're at the building on fourth. I saw a couple ran across the street and hide behind a building."

"That's us!!"

"Then get in here!!!!"

"Give us a sec. See ya in there!" He hung up. He looked both ends of the streets, for Swift and his men. "Do you see them?" Silver asked. "No. C'mon let's go." Sonic said, as he was about to breeze off, but still saw Silver standing still. "You'll have to help me. My left leg.. I can't walk." Silver said. Sonic nodded then helped him off the ground.

He helped him across the street, over to where the girls were. Sally and the rest watched the boys dash across the road to their building. "Rouge get the door!" Amy said. Rouge flew over and opened the door up, helping the boys in. "Silver! Are you alright?!" Blaze asked, looking at his bloody leg. "I can't walk. Other than that, I'm fine." He said.

"Well... What a fun welcoming huh Ames?" Sonic joked. "Shut up you idiot." Amy grinned, them hugged him. "Let's get back to important matters shall we? Like.. What the hell just happened!!" Sally freaked. "Sally, there are things you should never learn about.... This was one of them.." Sonic sighed.

"Who is this guy?!" She worried. "Sally, baby.... This is the psychotic maniac who killed.... Shadow." Sonic said as he sighed. That made Rouge's eyes bolt wide open. "What.." She said in quiet anger. "Rouge... It-

"Tell me who this bastard is. Now." She demanded. "*sigh* his name... Is Swift the Hedgehog. He is a cybernetically enhanced super-soldier." Sonic answers. "And he's the guy who killed Shadow.." Silver finished for Sonic. She walked up, and got right in Sonic's face. "Why the hell didn't you tell me about this before.." She said in anger.

"Rouge, we just came back. We didn't want to mention anything about the war. Especially since we were finally reunited with our friends and family." Sonic replied, being forced into a wall by Rouge. "Rouge, calm down." Amy said. "No! this fucker killed the one I loved and you hid it from me!!!" Rouge said, now having tears of anger.

"Rouge! Calm down!" Silver shouted. Everyone turned and looked at their favorite kind hearted hedgehog with shock. They were all surprised they heard him yell at her like that. "Rouge, we did this for all of you. For your own good! It wasn't to just protect you, it was so the damn worrying and fighting would end!" He said. Everyone looked down, with sadness and understanding.

"I am sick of all this fighting! We have fought more than we should ever since we got home! Look at us!!" He finally finished. "...it's true.. Everyone has been constantly arguing." Cream said. Everybody looked at Cream with sadness. "Silv... I'm so sorry. I don't notice.." Blaze said as she looked up at him from his wounded leg.

She then hugged him tightly. "Now, we have to get out of here, they'll be here soon." Sonic said. "You mean like, now?" Rouge answered, as she pointed out the large cafe window. They all looked out, and saw men by the hundreds running down their street. "Yeah... Let's get the hell out of here." Sally said.

"Out the back door!" Sonic said. Everybody hurried over to the large metal door in the back. They had to slip by, seconds before the men busted into the cafe. "Where do we go now Ms. Blaze?" Cream asks. "We can't go home. So we have to find somewhere to go. For now anyways." Silver said.

"What about moms place..?" Sonic suggested. "Well, there really isn't any other place we could go." Silver said. "Or Knuckles' place??" Amy said. "That's what they're expecting. We have to go somewhere safe." Sally said. "Okay, there's one problem down. Now how the hell do we get there?" Silver said.

"Umm..." Sonic said while he thought. "What about by air? By ground they can catch us." Rouge added. "Yes, but if it were by air they'd shoot us down. Killing other innocents. And we don't need anymore innocent blood on our hands than we already have." Blaze replied. "We're going by air, and that's final." Amy said sassily.

Everyone stood silent. "Okay miss drama queen, when do we leave?" Sally said. "Tomorrow morning. We all have to stay in one place so we don't separate." Amy continued. "I suggest our house. It's freakin huge and it can fit us all." Silver said. "Check the back!" They all heard Swift order to his men through the thick door.

"Let's get the hell out of here!" Rouge whispered loudly. Silver picked up Cream, while they all ran. They ran to the end of the street, and turned to go to the big house they stayed in. "How far is the house from here?" Amy asked. "About 3 miles straight. We have to be careful how we sneak around here." Sally answered.

Cream was crying, so Silver had to rub her head to calm her down as he held her. They all ran around the alleyway to another road. "Which way is to our street??" Rouge said. "4th and Main! This way!" Sally pointed to the direction. We ran across to the end of the block, where a horde of men passed us. __________________________

3 hours later

"It's okay... It's okay. Just stay calm pretty girl.." Silver said, trying to calm her down. She kept sniffing, because she just finished crying. They were gazing at signs, looking for one that said 4th and main. "There!" Sonic pointed to a sign. "Almost there! We can make it!" Amy said. They hear Sonic quietly moaning in pain as they snuck around.

"Sonic, are you okay?" Silver asked. "Y-yeah.." He said, trying to hold back another moan. "Just a little tired.." Sonic lied. "Yeah, this day hit us all hard." Rouge said.