The Past Can Haunt You

"Mr. Silver, is everything okay?" Cream asked. Everyone was walking back inside. "Uhh.. Y-yeah. Yeah, everything is alright pretty girl." He said, trying to smile. But, he still cannot get the images of war and death out of his head.

"Actually, Blaze?" Silver said, grabbing Blaze's wrist. She turned around and looked at him. " how about, we let you girls have a day out. I don't want Sonic and I to ruin your day." He smiled. She inches closer to him. "Silv, I haven't seen you in two years! I'm not leaving your side again!" She said. "Besides, we are all sick of each other by now!" She laughed.

"Baby please. For me?" He said. He tried to make a puppy dog face. "God Silver... You're so Naïve." She smiled. "Sally! Rouge! Cream! C'mon, we're all going!" Blaze shouted. Cream was fiery up to Blaze. "Actually.. Ms. Blaze? Can I stay with the boys?" She asked in her sweet voice.

"Of course you can!" Sonic said, as he plopped down on the couch. Cream cheered in excitement. "We'll see you when we get back." Blaze said, before she kissed Silver. Sally kissed Cream and Sonic, then left with the girls. "Hey Cream, don't let these two get drunk."
Rouge joked on her way out the door.

"What should we do first?!" Cream said in excitement. "Well I don't know. What do you want to do Cream?" Sonic asked. "Hmm... We should go to the mall!" She cheered. "Silver you in?" Sonic said. "Why not." Silver smiled.

They walked outside to go to the car. Silver and Sonic hopped up front, while Cream was happily in the back.
"Hey sweet girl, how bout some lunch at the food court before we start shoppin? You getting hungry?" Sonic asked. "Yeah if it's not trouble." Cream said.
__________________________

They pulled up to the mall, and started walking into the food court. "Let's see.. Cream where do you want to eat?" Silver asked, as he browsed the choices. "I want Arby's." She said cheerfully. "Okay, Sonic take her to Arby's. I'm gonna go to Subway." Silver said. Sonic nodded, then walked off holding hands with Cream.
---------------------------------------------

They all met back up, and picked a table. "Hey Silv, call Blaze and ask her where they're at." Sonic said. He nodded, then pulled his phone out.

"Hello?"

"Hey honey. Y'all having a good time?"

"Yeah! Wait... What's that noise? Where are you?"

"We took Cream to eat, then we're going to go shopping with her."

"Awe well how sweet of you!!"

"Heh, yeah I guess. I'll see you when I-
*BBBBOOOOOOMMMMM!!!!*

A big explosion happened right in the center of the food court.
"*cough cough* what the hell!" Silver yelled.

Blaze: " Silver! SILVER!! What's happening!!" Blaze yelled in fear in the phone.
"Uh.. Im sorry baby I'll call you back later! Love you!"
"SILVE- he hung up the phone mid-sentence.

"Sonic! Get Cream and run to the car!" Silver yelled. Sonic nodded, then ran towards the door. The food court was filled with screams of panic and people trying to escape. That's when, men with rifles ran to the doors and began firing at innocent people.

"GET DOWN!!" Sonic yelled. He and Silver hit the deck with Cream. Bullets flew all over the mall with men storming from every direction. Then the two boys finally realized.. Who the men were. They were dressed in the same uniforms as the men they fought in war.

"No.." Sonic said softy. He knew now, that the war was about to include Soleanna. "Sonic! These guys are too dangerous for Cream here! We have to g- he got cut off by a purple figure socking him in the jaw. "Silver!!" Sonic yelled. Silver struggled to get up. He slowly looked up from the floor.

He saw a purple hedgehog, standing above him. Silver felt wetness, and swiped his mouth with his finger. His mouth was gushing blood. "That's right... You remember me, don't you." The purple hedgehog grinned. Silver tried to get up and fight, but he grabbed Silver by the neck, and threw him at the other side of the food court.

"Mr. Silver!!!" Cream cried hard into Sonic. Sonic looked at Cream, then picked her up. He ran over to some rubble with his super speed. "I need you to stay right here okay?" Sonic said sternly. "But.." "Cream! Stay right here!" Sonic yelled, as he was about to take off. But the same hedgehog, grabbed the back of Sonic's head and bashed his face into concrete rubble.

He fell down with his face bleeding.
"Still pathetic." The hedgehog said. He was about to turn around and attack Silver again, but Silver pounced in him. It didn't last long, because he flipped Silver over his back and threw him onto Sonic.

"Y-you... How did you get h-here.." Sonic choked out. "I flew here dumbass. If me finding you is what your wondering, then my answer is I tracked you down and found you." The hedgehog laughed. "W-why... We aren't in service anymore." Silver said. He grabbed Silver by the ear, and yanked his head up forcefully.

"I killed one of you.. And I cannot have loose ends still running about." He answered with a grin. He glanced over at crying Cream. "So.. Who's this little one?" He asked. He picked her up by the bunny ears. She was crying her poor eyes out.

"Don't touch her!!" Silver yelled. He grabbed the hedgehog by the back quills, and jerked him back. "Ahh... So you do remember me.." He grinned as he wiped blood off his face. "How can I forget the bastard who killed my brother!!!" Silver shouted with rage.

"I didn't expect you to boy. I was relying on you remembering it." The evil hedgehog laughed. Both boys stared at him with hatred. "I would LOVE to stay and go for round two, but I have other people to kill. Goodbye boys.." He said as he disappeared. They could hear his evil laugh as he disappeared.

"Cream!" Sonic said, as he picked her up. She was bawling her eyes out. "C'mon we have to go!" Silver said. They stared rushing to the car, but Silver dropped to his knees. "Silver..?!" Sonic worried. Silver clinched his chest. He started throwing up blood. "Run to the car Cream I'll be right there!" Sonic hustled. Cream hauled ass back to the car.

"Silv what's wrong?!" Sonic said in fear. He saw Silver clench his chest. Then, they heard a familiar voice yell from the doors. He turned around, and saw Blaze standing there with her purse in her hand. She dropped it, and ran over to Silver with tears.

"Silver!!!" She shouted as she ran. "No..." Silver whispered to himself. She dropped to her knees to be even with him. "What the hell happened!" Blaze yelled with tears. Sonic didn't want to answer. "We'll get to that later! We need to get Silv to a hospital!" Sonic said in fear.

Rouge and Sally came rushing in with
Cream. "Cream sweetly, get in Rouge's car." Blaze said, trying to smile. She didn't listen, she ran over to Silver who was lying on the ground. Sally grabbed her and stopped her. "C'mon baby girl, do what she said." Rouge said in fear.

They both walked to the car.
Then the ambulance came. The two raccoon paramedics ran in with a rolling table. "Clear the way!" One yelled. They slowly lifted Silver on it. They rushed out the door swiftly, back to the ambulance. Blaze wasn't far behind. "Blaze... Please look after Silver for me.. He and Sally is all I got now.." Sonic said in a sad tone. Blaze smiled faintly, and ran behind them.

She hopped in the ambulance with the two and Silver. The ambulance took off to the hospital. "Hop in the car! We're going to the hospital!" Sally shouted. Sonic started the car, and drove behind the ambulance.