Chapter eight- The future king and queen

Betty's POV

"She died in a car accident!" dad yells, coming into the bar with a furious face.

My eyes widen and I look at Chic, who has the exact same expression. I can feel my tears.

Juggie pulls me behind him, still holding me with his hands. Chic stands in front of me, like Jug.

The serpents watch in confusion. Dad comes on the stage and pushes Chic and Jug off of me and then slaps me hard. I squeeze my eyes shut and try not to cry.

I can hear serpents becoming angry and yelling at him something. And I can feel a hand on my cheek. I open my eyes and see Jug, concerned.

"Sorry," he whispers.

"Not your fault," I whisper back and she kisses my forehead and wraps me in his arms. I'm confused though.

"Why me?" I ask dad.

His eyebrows risen, "Excuse me?" he asks.

"Why her? I thought you hate both of us. Why did you hit her? Why you always beat her more than me?" Chic yells at him.

Dad doesn't even hit him for that, "Because you are not my son!" he yells to Chic.

My eyes widen and I look at FP, "What?" I ask both of them.

"I mean. You are my son, I just don't take you like one," dad says angrily.

"So, why do you take me as your daughter?" I cry.

He's about to slap me again, but Jug pulls me away and FP takes dad's arms, "I told you... Don't touch her!" he yells.

Dad laughs, "You two are coming home with me," he says.

"No, they are not," FP answers.

"You are not their father, FP! I don't care, what Alice did before she met me. I hated her too," he says.

"So that's why you killed her?" Chic asks furiously.

Everyone's eyes widen and they shut up.

"Your mother died in a car accident!" dad yells.

"Don't you think we know dad?" I cry, "Don't you think we know, how you stabbed our mom in the stomach with a fucking kitchen knife!?" I cry while yelling.

He's about to punch me with knuckles, but FP punches him first. He falls on the ground.

"How? HOW!? You all were out!" dad yells.

"I'm sure you didn't notice. But... I had no friends. So I was home," I cry, "You were fighting like every day and beating her. But this time, she was crying and screaming like hell. I came down and you stabbed her. And she fell on the ground and you just left," I cry. Then I look at Jug and FP who are looking at us with widened eyes.

"I swear, I tried to help. But she just said that we have to run from him and that she loves us. And she died," I cry while looking at them. Their eyes are filled with sadness.

"Why didn't you escape?" Cheryl asks behind the bar, with a heartbreaking voice.

"We tried," Chic says crying now too and looking at Cheryl, "But he punched me as long as I couldn't walk or move to be honest. And.." he sighs and looks at me, "You haven't told me. Why didn't you run?" he asks and walks to me.

"I couldn't leave you. Plus he did the same thing to me what he did to mom. So I couldn't move either," I say and then start sobbing.

I can only feel Jughead's arms around me and his lips on my hair. It's crazy. I've known him literally for one day and his touch calms me.