Chapter twelve- The furniture

Betty's POV

"Hey," Jug whispers after we've ridden the whole way home in silence.

I just sniffle and get out of the car. He jumps out as well and runs after me as I go towards his house.

He opens the door and I go into his living room immediately and collapse onto the couch and start sobbing.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Jug asks concerned and sits next to me.

I won't answer. Just sob, looking at the ceiling. He sighs and pulls me on his lap and kisses my hair while holding me.

"I'm sorry," I sob.

"For what?" he asks.

"That your mom is back. Because of me," I cry.

"Shhh," he says as I start sobbing loudly, "Not any of this is your fault," he whispers and kisses my nose.

I sob and look at him, "I hate myself," I cry.

He sighs, looking sad, "Why?" he asks softly.

"Cause I make everything worse. My whole life. My dad always beat me up when I did something wrong. And he beat me a lot. Everything I do is wrong," I sob into his shoulder.

"No it's not. Your dad was a horrible humang being. And I'm glad he is dead to be honest. But you did nothing wrong. You have always been this great girl, who just needed her parents to love her," he says and kisses my temple.

I rise my head and look at him, putting my one hand on his cheek, "We don't have to wait until tonight," I say with a smile.

"Are you sure?" he sighs with a smile. I nod with a big smile and kiss his cheek.

"Would you do me the honour of becoming my girlfriend?" he asks.

I laugh at him, "Yes," I say with a smile.

He sighs with a smile and pulls me into a longer kiss.

"Hey guys," FP sighs and walks in and falls in the armchair. We pull apart and sigh while smirking.

"Hey," Jug says to his dad with a sad smile.

"You okay?" he asks the both of us.

"Yeah," Jug says and I nod.

"Did you get anything done?" I sigh, "I'm really sorry, I didn't know that because of me she would come back," I say.

"Betty, it's really not your fault," FP says, "And yes.. I have to ddo Chic's papers on Saturday and your's on Sunday.

I sigh, "Okay," and smile a little, "We can still live in our house, right?" I ask.

"Yeah," he chuckles, "Kinda weird if you two live in the same house," he says and smirks at us.

I smile at Jug and he pecks my lips, "We'll share the same dad anyways," he chuckles.

We all laugh. My phone starts ringing and they shut up as well as I answer it.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Is this Elizabeth Cooper?" a man asks.

"Yes, who is this?" I ask.

"We brought your furniture. Maybe you could let us in?" the man asks.

"Oh nice. I'll be there in a second," I say and hang up, "Our furniture is here. I have to go," I say.

"Do you have to put it together?" Jug asks me, "I can help.." he says as I get up.

"Jug. I'm a mechanic. I think I can handle furniture," I chuckle, "But you can help if you want to?" I ask.