Chapter twenty nine- The will reading

Jughead's POV

"Jug," I hear Betty whisper. I open my eyes and look at her, her head against my chest.

"What's wrong?" I ask. It's dark outside, so I guess that it's still night.

"Nothing," she sighs, "I just can't sleep," she continues.

I kiss her forehead, "What's the time?" I ask.

"2AM," she says with a sad face, "I'm sorry, that I woke you up," she says, putting one hand on my cheek.

I kiss her lips softly, which makes our foreheads touch. She is burning up. Even her lips. And she's shaking from cold.

"Can we take your temperature?" I ask her.

She sighs, "Why? I'm cold.." she says.

"You're burning up, baby," I say and kiss her nose. She sighs and nods.

"I'll be back in a second," I say and wanna get up from bed, to get the thermometer, but she grabs my arm.

"Don't leave me," she says with terrified eyes.

"I'm not leaving you. I'll go to the kitchen for a minute. Okay?" I ask, sit on the bed and kiss her forehead while fondling her hair.

She shakes her head rapidly, "No. I can't be alone in the dark. Not right now," she says, not crying, but starting to breathe faster.

I sigh, seeing how terrified she is, "Can you walk?" I ask.

She nods and I help her to get up. She pulls on one of my hoodies and we both go downstairs, my hand around her as she's shaking from cold and from fear. Though she's squeezing my hand.

I put the light on in the kitchen and sit her down on one of the chairs. Then I kiss her forehead and look for the thermometer. I give it to her and she puts it in her mouth with a sigh. I squat down in front of her and fondle her hair while she's just looking into my eyes with a sad face.

When the thermometer starts beeping, I take it out of her mouth and look at it. My eyes widen. Fuck. How can it be worse?

"What?" she sighs with tears.

"Nothing," I say and kiss her forehead.

"How much?" she asks. I sigh. "How much?" she cries.

"110," I say. Her eyes widen and fill with even more fear. She looks down and starts sobbing a little.

I rise her head up, "Hey," I say, "It's just beacuse of your mental health. It's not anything dangerous, okay?" I ask.

She cries but nods. I kiss her hair, "Do you wanna go back to sleep?" I ask her.

She sighs and nods. I help her to get up and then we go upstairs. When we get to bed, we climb under the sheets and I pull her so against me as it's physically possible. She sighs and rests her head on my chest. I kiss it.

"Night, baby," I whisper.

"Goodnight," she sighs.

*Time pass*

Betty's POV

I open my eyes, because the sun is shining on me. I look at Juggie, who's fondling my hair.

"Morning," he says.

I just sigh and rest my head on his chest, looking at him. He kisses my hair.

"Not feeling the best, huh?" he asks sadly. I shake my head and he kisses it again.

"What's the time?" I ask.