Chapter thirty nine- The crowning (Part 5)

Jughead's POV

"Hey, is it safe to shower with this scar?" Betty asks me, as we just got into her room, after coming from my house with my clothes.

"I think so," I say and she sighs. I walk to her and wrap her in my arms, "It is. Don't worry," I say and kiss her still muddy forehead.

"Okay," she sighs with a scared smile and leans up and kisses my lips.

"Can you come with me?" she asks, with a scared face.

"Where?" I ask sadly, not knowing, why she's scared and kiss her nose.

She sighs, "To the shower? I really need your help, I'm not capable of washing my hair right now," she says sadly.

"Of course baby," I say and kiss her forehead.

She smiles a little and we go into the bathroom.

I smile back and we both get naked. I start the water and get under the shower. I look at her, as I'm wet already, but she's standing there, naked, with a scared face.

I reach out my hands, "Come on. The water isn't going to hurt you," I say.

"I don't know.. What if the electricity was too much?" she asks me, some tears coming out of her eyes.

I sigh and step out of the shower, leaving it on. I wrap my arms around her, making her wet too. I wipe her tears away with my thumbs and kiss her forehead, "See. It's okay," I say.

She starts crying more and hugs me back tightly. I kiss her hair when she hides her face into my neck. She starts sobbing.

"Hey, let's get you cleaned up," I say and walk her to the shower. She freezes in front of it. I sigh.

"Baby, nothing's gonna happen to you as long as I'm here," I say. She looks up to me with tears while sobbing. I kiss her nose.

"I know that I seemed fine, but I'm not. I'm scared Juggie," she cries, while looking into my eyes.

"I know," I say and kiss her forehead, "You don't have to act. Just let your emotions out. Especially, when the two of us are alone," I say, "Okay?"

She nods, still sobbing and crying. I kiss her hair and pull her under the water with me. She sighs in relief and I kiss her hair again.

At first I clean myself up, while she's just standing under the water with me, trying to relax, but still sobbing and crying hysterically, probably living all her painful memories through.

"Okay," I sigh and kiss her forehead for a second, "Don't let the water pressure on your neck. Or the shampoo," I say.

She nods, while crying and looking at me. The sight breaks my heart. So I take some shampoo and start washing her hair, suprised of all the mud, that comes out. She's still sobbing. So I decide to tell her something, that I've never told anyone.

"My mom," I sigh. She opens her eyes, when I stop washing her hair, cause it's clean now.

"She used to starve me as well," I say.

Her eyes widen and she spoons my face, "How?" she asks. I pull her against my body again, hugging her.

"Before JB was born.. I was about 2 when it started. And when my dad was at the work or with the serpents, she didn't give me any food. She didn't let me tell dad, cause she said that she knows a guy, who beats his children. And that he can come and beat me as well," I say and start to cry like she.

She sighs and kisses my lips softly, "My dad," she says. I nod sadly.

She kisses me again and I kiss back. Then after the kiss, I rest my forehead on her's, still holding her.