Chapter 15

*** Later that Night***

Connor arrived at Molly's just after 8pm with Will. Noah and Ethan were already there and 3 drinks in. They joined them at the bar as the bar door swung open again and Casey, Jay, Severide, Mouch, Cruz, Boden, Hermann, Ruzek, Atwater, Antonio and Voight walked in, making a huge amount of noise.

Connor turned immediately to Will.

C: This was meant to be a small group...

W: Well Jay wanted to come, and then he also invited his team. Then apparently Antonio told Gabby who told Casey who told everyone else at 51. Aaaand now here we are.

C: Right. As long as this doesn't come back down on me with our ladies.

W: I won't say anything if you don't

C: Will there is 15 of us! They will find out through the grapevine. Guaranteed.

W: If we are sensible, I don't see why they would have any issues with us all hanging out.

C: Very True, although Noah and Ethan are already 4 drinks in and Kelly brought cigars...

W: Lets just deal with the consequences tomorrow. Its too late now.

Hermann counted heads and ordered 30 tequila shots from the waitress.

H: Alright gentlemen! 2 each right now and then we can rip into some beer!

Connor thought to himself, tonight is going to end badly. Two shots were thrust into his hands and the whole of Molly's erupted into a cheering crowd, everybody in the place chanting Con-nor, Con-nor, Con-nor!!! He gritted his teeth and downed the alcohol in two easy swoops and Will gave him a hard pat on the back before reaching for one of the beers that were accumulating on the counter.

An hour and a half later, the alcohol was already starting to hit Connor and he could feel the worry slowly being replaced by a feeling of freedom and joy. He called out to the waitress and said "Tonight everybody's drinks are on me!" and then picked up his 3rd glass of whiskey up and sculled the rest.

By 10.30pm the whole group was crammed into a booth in the back corner of the bar with laughter, and bad singing filling the air. Kelly stood up and took the keys to his mustang out of his back jean pocket. Connor then did the same and flung the Porsche keys into the air. As they fell back down somebody snatched them from out of the air. Connor turned and was standing face to face with Goodwin. "I am going to take these" She then held out her hand towards Kelly. "And yours as well!" She put both sets of keys in her purse and then turned back to face Connor. She then looked sharply at Will.

G: You two are lucky I don't call that fiance and girlfriend of yours. I really don't know whats gotten into you two lately.

Connor slouched back down into the booth and everybody went silent for a moment. Jay then slammed both fists on the table and yelled "SHOTS" at the top of his lungs and everyone at the table let out a deafening cheer. Hermann ran over to the counter and jumped straight up and over it to the other side of the bar. He carried 5 bottles of vodka to the table and slammed the shot glasses down, knocking over the leftover beers that were still on the table. Everybody was soaked.

C: Christopher! know we are all going to smell like a brewery for the rest of the night.

Everybody looked at Connor in shock for a second and then burst out laughing before getting back to their drinking.

Suddenly a loud crash came from over near the bar, a young woman had fallen off of her stool after having a few too many. The whole group ran over to her. Connor instantly recognized her it was Laura. After trying to stop his head from spinning, Connor passed out on the floor of the bar next to her.

He woke up 15 minutes later in the back of an ambulance with Laura strapped into the gurney  next to him and Will hunched over beside him. Connor slurred...

C: What is going?

W: You passed out and hit your head on the tiles, they think you have a concussion and apparently somebody spiked her drink. They stuffed you both in the same ambo and now here we are.

Connor suddenly sat straight up and said "Please tell me they are not taking us to med!"

From behind Connors head Sylvie replied "Afraid so, geniuses"

Connor jumped at her voice and then let out a pained moan.

C: Do Ava and Nat know?

W: I am as clueless as you. Cruz and Boden put us in here and then got everybody else cabs home. They didn't drink as much as everyone else.

Suddenly the ambulance came to a halt and then a moment later the doors swung open. Both Ava and Natalie were standing there with there arms crossed and very unpleasant looks on their faces. Sylvie started to tell them what had happened.

S: Male, early 30's passed out on the floor of a bar right on top of this woman after drinking too much and hit his head on the tiles. Suspected concussion. And this is Laura, late 20's, had her drink spiked at the same bar, transported together. Possible overdose. And then I believe this one belongs to you.

She looked over at Will who was struggling to climb down from the back of the ambulance, he eventually slipped and fell straight onto the floor at Natalie's feet.

N: What did I tell you two Morons this morning?!!! I said be careful and look after each other! And now look where we are! she yelled.

Sharon then walked out from the ED and said...

G: Its a good thing I was at Molly's earlier too. This idiot and Kelly Severide were about to race their fancy cars! But I took their keys off them.

Sharon opened her purse and handed Ava the keys to the Porsche. She was still standing there with her arms crossed and had not said a single word. Sylvie and Natalie rolled the gurneys out of the ambulance and past Ava and Natalie. As Connor was rolled past Ava he only managed to utter the words "It's not what it looks like, I promise."