chapter 5

2:00 pm. Jack still haven't showed up yet. He's been gone for ages. I close my eyes tight, still laying on the floor. There's a loud knock on the door, I sit up and see Johnson and Matt standing on my doorstep, I run over and let them in.

"Hi guys" I try and say calmly.

"Are you okay Hannah?" Matt asks.

"Not really"

Matt leans in and hugs me tightly, same with Johnson.

"You wanna go over to Ashley's and see jack?" Johnson suggests.

"I do, but I don't know if I should, he probably hates me"

"Hannah he doesn't hate you, trust me, come on it'll be okay"

"Alright" I whisper.

We drive for about 15 minutes and we pull up into this medium sized house with jacks car in the driveway, my heart felt like it was stinging. Matt bangs loudly on the door. No answer so Johnson barges in.

"Johnson!!"

"What? I know her so it doesn't matter" he snaps back.

There was no one around the kitchen or the living room. I didn't even wanna walk upstairs and think that he was in her bedroom. But of course Johnson pulled me up to the top of the stairs.

"Johnson I can't do this" I say tearing up.

"It's okay Hannah" he says rubbing my back.

We walk around the small corner, before we moved any further we were blocked by jacks clothes on the floor.

"That's it, I'm defiantly not going any further"

"I don't blame you"

Matt bangs on the door of Ashley's room. Someone gets up from the bed and makes their way over to the door, my heart was pounding, I hope it wasn't jack. Luckily it wasn't, but it was Ashley wearing a bath robe.

"Johnson what do you want?" Ashley snaps.

"I want jack.. Now!"

"Well you can't have him right now"

"Well his girlfriend wants him right now so go get him" Johnson says pointing to me.

"And who the hell are you?"  Ashley says staring me down.

"Jacks girlfriend and if you don't fucking move-"

"Hannah shush"

I sigh and a tear drops from my eye.. Again.

I hear shuffling around in the room, jacks getting up and making his way over here. Dammit.

"What's going-" "shit" jack says under his breath.

I don't even think, I just run downstairs and out the door again. I run all the way home without stopping.
I run all the way up to jacks bedroom and sit there and scream my lungs out. I hear footsteps run up the stairs, the door swings open... It's jack.

"Hannah" he says as his voice cracks.

I wasn't in the mood for jack right now. I pull the covers up over my head.

"Hannah please listen to me"

"Jack just leave" I whisper.

"Hannah no I'm not leaving, plus this is my house"

"Jack I haven't got time for jokes"

Jack sits on the end of my bed and takes a deep breath. He says something that soothed my heart.