Chapter 55

*7 months later*

I wake up at 9:10, hearing the sound of Jack's voice coming from downstairs. I admire my belly, like I usually do in the morning, then get dressed for the day.

I started to walk downstairs and I could hear an unfamiliar woman's voice, I peep around the corner and there's Jack sitting across from a curvy, black haired girl at the island in the kitchen.

"Oh good morning Hannah, this is Cathy, an old friend, her flight got cancelled and she decided to stay here for a few nights" Jack says.

"Hi Cathy" I smile and go straight to the fridge.

After breakfast we all sit around the living room and her and Jack are talking about old things from school, I wasn't interested in that because I never went to school with Jack. As Cathy was talking I just admired her, she was stunning.

"Hannah, how far along are you?" Cathy asks turning toward me.

"Almost 9 months" I reply smiling down at my belly.

"Well I have a meeting, I'll leave you two here to talk, I'll be back soon" Jack says getting up, kissing my forehead and makes his way to the porch.

"So, how do you feel, are you excited about the baby?" Cathy asks.

"Oh yes, we're very excited, actually tomorrow  we get to find out what it is" I answer smiling. "So you and Jack must have been good friends?" I add.

"Oh more than friends, we dated for 3 years" She says smiling wide.

I freeze, Jack had never told me this before.

"Really, wow I didn't know that" I say shocked, looking down at the floor.

How could Jack not tell me this? I don't want her staying here anymore, I didn't even want her here in the first place, she seemed very suspicious.

After an awkward moment of silence I decided to take a bath, I accused myself from the living room and headed toward the upstairs bathroom. I was almost nervous to leave her in the house without me being aware on what she could possibly be doing. But i knew Jack would be home very soon.

Once the bath is poured, I step in the steaming hot water, lay back and close my eyes. I was in the bath for at least 45 minutes until I realized that I should probably get out and see what's happening downstairs.

I get dressed into a pair of cotton, black leggings and one of Jacks t-shirts. I'm happy I stayed fairly skinny because I didn't need to jump to much bigger sizes in pants and I didn't have to buy a large amount of maternity clothes, I just wore Jack's t-shirts.

When I get dressed and head downstairs I notice that Jack is just getting home, Cathy greets him as he walks into the kitchen and out to the living room where I now stand. He comes up close to me and kisses my face multiple times. I stand there folding my arms and screwing up my face.

"What's wrong?" Jack asks as he notices I'm not enjoying all the kisses.

"We will talk later" I say and walk into the kitchen. I turn around right before I open the door and see Jack looking very confused. Now I'm confused, how could he not even suspect that I now know about his past with Cathy. I guess we will figure all that out tonight.