6

Tora grabs the microphone confidently, used to the spotlight. "(Y/N) is going to sing a song for us."

The audience gasps, and Mayumi stares at me. I can feel her gaze. I never told her I could sing. 

I step forward. "I'll sing a song by the band UxMishi."  (a/n: the one sakura loves)

The lights in the hall dim and suddenly I'm standing in the light. I can't see Tora either. Before I start, I think how weird it is that I'm using my voice to win the students over.

The music starts and I start to sing.

When I'm done, there's a startled silence, then wild applause. 

The lights come back on. From the side, I feel the ape-guy's glaring at me. 

Someone calls out "Beautiful voice for a beautiful girl!"

I gulp, not knowing what to say as usual. Did I mention I'm socially awkward?

I feel an arm around my shoulder. "That's right. She's a beautiful girl," Tora says into the microphone. 

It echoes around the hall to shocked silence. 

I look up, horrified. What does he think he's doing? Some girls even start taking pictures. I stand there, my face red with embarrassment and anger. But if I shake off his arm now it makes me- and him- look bad. 

I see Sensei Ayuzawa smiling. What? You're not supposed to encourage this sort of thing as a teacher! You're supposed to do your job and stop people like Tora Igarashi!

Finally, the AV team from above save me. The curtains fall, hiding us from the audience. I turn off the microphone and face Tora, glaring. "What was that for?" I hiss.

He smirks but before he can reply, some crazy girls crawl under the curtain and join us. "Kaichou, so you don't love us?" They wail.

I try not to laugh. Ha, it's karma!

Tora spots me laughing and his jaw clenches. "No. Please go back to your classes," he orders.

The girls wail even louder and then they spot me. Oh no. Not my lucky day.

"Do you love her?" one of them asks,her lip trembling.

Tora glances at me. Then he says even more coldly than before "No. I love myself. Now get out."

The girls squeeze under the curtains again, wailing and crying. I start laughing. "Are you a narcissist?" I ask.

He smiles slightly. "Don't be ridiculous. I just said it to make them go away."

I laugh again and head to the changing rooms to change back into the school uniform before they announce the results. Now it's voting for the audience. Although I probably lost  a few votes just now.

----

Mayumi's screaming in my ear, and so is Yuki.

I smile at both of them and at everyone surrounding me. "Thank you!" I shout as loudly as I can over the noise. 

I'm the V-P of Miyabigaoka Student Council.

(sorry this chapter is short, I know that. My chapters will prob vary in length)