13

Btw, thanks for the reads. Haha. there's going to be dRAma soon dun dun duuuuun ~aurum autumn 

Lady Igarashi tapped on her phone with her manicured fingernails. "She seems alright," she said grudgingly.

Sir Igarashi nodded absently. "But she could be a threat. We don't want our son to fall in love with her-"

"I know. He seems quite charmed by her. I admit, she is very well-learned," cut in his wife.

Sir Igarashi mumbled "Don't want them getting too close."

The reply came quickly. A soft, snakelike voice. "I have my ways, dear." 

Lady Igarashi rose. "I'm going to bed."

----

(back to normal pov)

Tora smiles at me. "I meant it. You were awesome."

I smile quickly back at him. "I think they only liked me because of my parents, though."

He shakes his head. "I'm sure that's not the only reason. I mean, you can speak so many languages!"

I shrug and half-smile at him. Tora comes closer to me and pulls me in. I stiffen at first but then relax in his arms. His hug is comforting and gentle. It actually makes me feel better about everything. Then I remember. "Do you want to come for my brother's wedding?" I ask Tora.

He hugs me tighter. "Sure," he murmurs.

We stand there for a while before I break away, feeling guilty, although I have no reason to be. It's just that Tora Igarashi is the first guy I've been so close to, I don't know how to act. Do I just be myself? Or must I please him? It's so confusing!

Tora grabs my hand and drags me to his sofa. We sit down, our legs touching. He leans back and scrolls through his phone. I close my eyes. We just sit in silence. 

It seems that we spend a lot of our time together in silence. I'm not sure why. But I know that it's never awkward. Which is what I appreciate about Tora, that he isn't like some others, who try to fill the silence with empty, false words that mean nothing. I'd rather be in silence than being forced to talk a whole bunch of nonsense.

I open my eyes, feeling relaxed. I turn to tell Tora this, but I see his eyes widen as he stares at his phone screen. His fingers are frozen in shock. 

"What happened?" I ask, trying to look over his shoulder even though I know it's annoying (that's kind of the point though).

Tora's fingers jump back to life. "Don't look at my stuff," he says harshly.

I roll my eyes. Always being the President.

His fingers move frantically across the screen before he turns off his phone and bothers to look at me. He doesn't apologise, but he says "Listen, (Y/N), don't look over my shoulder, okay? It gets annoying."

Before I say anything, the door flies open. Tora's parents march in, followed by a second-year who's eyes are wide with fright. He stutters "S-sorry Prez, they wanted to see you, I couldn't refuse..."

The second-year retreats even faster than Tora can react. I move away from Tora, feeling guilty again. 

Lady Igarashi's golden eyes, so like her son's, pierce into mine. She says in a silky voice, "Well, well."

Tora looks anxious. He stands up. I notice he isn't as tall as his mother, although he's really tall for a third-year/ junior in high school. His mother is wearing high heels, but even without them, I bet Tora is still shorter than his demon mother. 

"Mother-" he begins, but is cut off.

Lady Igarashi waves a newspaper in the air.

In thick black font screams the headlines "DIONYSUS' WINE, THE LARGEST WINE COMPANY IN THE WORLD HAS DECLARED BANKRUPTCY."

No.