10

HEY my lovely readers! Some of you may have read my other story, which develops alot faster than this one, but the thing is, I feel like Tora isn't one to rush his relationships. Except maybe flirting, which doesn't count. So I decided for this one, to develop a slower, less rushed relationship! There'll be the usual drama later on, but not now. But I promise, no jealous girls, I'm sick of those:)))))  As always, thanks for reading! ~aurum autumn

It's been a week, and I'm still confused about Tora. What does he feel for me? Does he actually like me? That's weird. 

Just as I'm walking down the corridor, Mayumi runs up to me, shoves something in my hand. A package. It's wrapped in neon pink, on purpose. she promised that she'd wrap my birthday presents as ugly as possible, just for fun, and I do that for her birthday presents too. It's weird, but that's the point. Then she runs off for her next class.

No one else at school has remembered my birthday. That's okay. I'd rather not be in the limelight. I know Misaki and Suzuna will have something for me when I go back home after school, and my parents sent over some posters of the jpop band I like yesterday. Got them cheaper in America, for some reason. 

Yuki walks by just then. She says quickly "President says, meet him in his room later during the break." 

Of course, I don't have a choice, do I?

So as arranged, I walk into his room during recess. Tora's waiting for me. He is typing at his computer as I walk in. "(Y/N)." He says, and I gulp. 

He laughs. "Relax. I've been thinking. There's an empty room at the end of this corridor. Do you want to have your own room?"

I think about it. Do I really want my personal room? Sure, it's cool, but do I want that? I shake my head. "Nah."

He shrugs. "Very well. Here, I went to the bakery yesterday, and got you this."

I open the box carefully. Then I gasp. It's a cupcake, with words written in frosting- Happy Birthday. I turn to him. "You-you know my birthday?"

He smirks. "Of course. I want to know everything about you, (Y/N)."

I blush. Creepyyy. He stands up and faces me coolly. "Happy birthday," he whispers, even though there's no one in the room as usual. 

I think about how lonely he always is, working in his room alone. And yet he thought of me- just the girl who always helps him in his duties. He actually cared about me, even though no one has shown him any care in his life. I look up at him, smiling happily. "Tora- thank you. Thank you."

He pats my head. "Have a nice day."

I smile again. Maybe Tora Igarashi isn't so bad after all. Maybe he's human too.