20

I'm sorry. I'm messing things up. But I hope you still keep reading. I promise they'll end up together. But yeah, sorry about introducing this new guy. 

Lady Igarashi combed her hair with her jewelled hairbrush. She put it down on the table and turned around to face her husband. The guy she'd never wanted to marry.

"What did you say?" she asked poisonously.

Sir Igarashi answered quietly. "Let's just leave them alone. They're young, let them enjoy each other. They'll break up eventually."

"You're still going on about that?" she snapped. "It's for his own good. I actually care about our son, unlike you."

" I've seen our son. He's not the same without her."

Lady Igarashi's voice grew softer dangerously. "How about you and your mistress?"

Sir Igarashi's face hardened. "Sweetie, how dare you accuse me of that."

She turned back to the mirror. The matter was closed. She had won, as always. 

----

I silently hand Tora a piece of paper. The paper required to officially resign from the Student Council. I just need him to sign it.

Tora scans the paper quickly, then tears it up. "No."

What the heck!

I look at him pleadingly, trying to say that I need to resign so I can work after school instead of doing Student Council stuff.

Tora's voice is hollow, empty of emotion. "Please don't. I want to be with you."

Before I think, I sign to him, you fool.

I mentally beat up myself. This isn't Chibi. He won't understand. Luckily.

Tora's eyes narrow. "That's what you've been doing with Arata Chibi, yes?" he hisses, coming closer to my face.

He's jealous again. But he shouldn't be. I'm not his girlfriend or anything. 

Tora's mask slips, and I see his tired, sad face. He leans back onto his chair. "I'm sorry for the injuries you had. I know it wasn't just an accident."

I stare at him, trying to gauge if he's sincere. 

Tora spreads out his hands. "I don't know how to fix it. It's just, I'm really sorry. I hope you believe me."

I try to speak, but no words come out. I gasp for air. Tora looks up. "Are you okay?"

I cough again and nod. He looks at me, then says finally "Did it injure your voice?"

I nod reluctantly. He stands up and walks closer to me. I take a step back automatically. I see pain flash in his eyes before Tora sighs. "Leave."

Gladly, I exit the room and move into the corridor. Phew. 

After the accident, I don't want anything to do with the President. I'm worried his parents may even hurt him if I get close to him. For his own sake, we should not be together.

----

Sir Igarashi called his son from Osaka. 

His son answered. 

"Tora, I give you permission to go out with the girl, (Y/N)."

His son exhaled over the line. "How about Mother?"

A sly smile spread across Sir Igarashi's face. "Don't worry. I've had a plan for a while now."

----

Lady Igarashi gasped as her body shook violently. She choked out blood, staining the carpet. The man standing above her grimaced in disgust. 

"Why did you do this?" she gasped.

The man shrugged. "I was paid, my dear."

Lady Igarashi pulled herself up, coughing. Her fingers flew across her phone. She spoke urgently. "Tora, take care of yourself. Be happy. It was your father that killed me. Remember that. Do not go out with that wine girl, she will bring you unhappiness. I...I love you."

She pressed send. Just then, the poison in her wine worked its way to her heart and she collapsed on the hotel floor.

The man shuddered. "Disgusting."

He called his master. "I've done it. Seduced her, given her poison. Now pay me."

The master spoke. "Excellent job. Make sure there are no traces of what you did. I'll transfer the money now."