33

"Smile!" yells the photographer who the school hired specially for graduation day.

We all smile straight at the camera as it flashes. I hate the flash. It's always so bright.

Then I see him. Tora is walking along the school's path casually, just like he's still studying here. Mayumi jabs me in the shoulder. "Dude, he's here for you."

I smile wider at the camera. Once it's over, I run to Tora. "Why'd you come?"

"Shouldn't you be glad that I condescended to make a trip to my old school just to see you?" he replies coolly.

I blink. Too many words, man. My mind can't take words with more than like, three syllables. Tora holds out a bag. "I got you a graduation gift."

I take it happily. "Thanks, I know I deserve it."

I look inside and gasp. There's a tiny box in there. Like a ring box. I open the box carefully...and it is a ring. Tora really got me a ring. On it is a tiny, sparkling diamond.

The first thing I say, though, is "I think I'm too young for an engagement."

He laughs. "No, I just felt like giving you a ring. That's all."

"Oh." I stand there stupidly staring at the ring, ,my face feeling hot. I just embarrassed myself so bad. Did I think he was proposing or something? Stupid girl. Of course Tora'd have more sense than to do it so early! Wait does that mean I want him to propose? What???

Then, without a warning, he leans in and kisses me. There's an ooooh from behind us and I take a step away, totally embarrassed again. Mayumi takes the opportunity to run up to me and hug me. "We're freaking graduates!" She screams in my ear.

"I thought it only applies to uni-"

"Whatever, (Y/N)! We still survived! Omigosh!"

I smile so wide I feel my jaw hurting a little.

Just then, a guy comes up with a bouquet of flowers. "Uh, Kaichou? This is from the Student Council."

There's a card attached. I pluck it off and read it. It thanks me for my contributions and says I'll be forever remembered. That's sooo sweet! I show it to Mayumi, Yuki (who of course organised this) and Tora.

The day passes in an alarmingly short amount of time. Afterwards, all I remember is me getting a lot of hugs, kisses, and gradation gifts.

When I leave Miyabigaoka, I turn back and look at the school sentimentally. I've had good times here, despite the challenges at first. I'll miss this school.

When I first came here, I was just so young and confused. Then I became Vice President, and learnt so many things, and made friends. Wow. Mind blown. I made friends? Other than Mayumi? Cool.

I'll come back and visit one day, I promise myself in my heart. Maybe even see if the teachers are still around when I'm older.