1

it's me AGAIN with another story, yay. exams are over, so I'm writing this for fun and for my own enjoyment. this is a warning: it's probably going to be rly cringey so yeah. my other story has around 1K reads now which I'm happy about, but looking back it's SO CRINGEY I WANNA DELETE IT AND REMOVE IT FOREVER some parts r okay but some are SO CRINGEY OMG. okay anyway, I hope you like this!!!  Oh and also this is purely fluff. and I won't curse or anything, I'll just put this *****. You get the idea. ~aurum autumn

First day of school again. Just like how it always is in movies and books. The person goes to a new school, makes new friends, and gets popular. Or else the person goes to a new school, gets bullied, and spends the rest of his/her days crying in the school toilets. Only I'm going to a school my best friend is in. She's been in Miyabigaoka preschool, the elementary school, the middle school, and now the high school. This year we're both sophomores (2nd years). She's called Mayumi, and she persuaded me to join her school. She says she's an outcast there and has no friends except for the geeks like a girl called Hikari who's the best at academics. 

Misaki, my cousin, asked me to stay in Seika. She started ranting about some stupid President there "He's a freaking bastard though! He just has this elitist mindset, and it's so annoying! Like he thinks everyone is beneath him."

"Chill..." I say, exchanging glances with Mayumi. Mayumi doesn't help,though. "He's a jerk," she agrees with Misaki. "But the school facilities and the cafeteria FOOD," she adds, "is phenomenal."

"They're just so rich they don't know how to spend their money," Misaki grumbles.

I don't point out that my parents are millionaires. My family makes cash by selling wine. Ugh. After seeing wine bottles every day of my life, I don't think I want to ever be an alcoholic. Of course it's bad for you. I have tried sake, and all I can say is, I don't want to try it again. 

Anyway, now it's time. I wear my new uniform.  I don't like it much. It looks ultra formal and classy, which is something I do not do. But anyway I have no choice. I can;t walk in wearing slippers and jeans and a shirt, after all. 

(I searched online and this came out so just pretend you/ main character is wearing this)

"(Y/N)!" Mayumi cries. 

I turn around as fast as I can in the dress. "Hey!" I say, smiling at her.

Mayumi is wearing her jacket. Even though the uniform is pretty much long sleeved, she's wearing the gray Miyabiagoka jacket over it. She can't live without her jacket. Even in summer. To be honest, I totally get her, because I'm wearing the jacket too.

Mayumi and I glance at each other and start laughing. Yup, the jacket gang.

I hold out a bag. "Macaroons, oui?" 

"Ja," she replies in German. 

We do that sometimes. Talking to each other in other languages. We've both been trained from young in other languages. 

We walk to class, chatting. The school is amazing. There are green potted plants and water fountains everywhere, and even a rose garden. I see some students gardening and watering the plants. "Gardening club," Mayumi explains. "They're looked down on, though. Everyone thinks they're crazy to choose gardening over stuff like fashion club," she rolls her eyes.

--time skip!--

We check our class allocations on the board outside the Student Council Room, which Mayumi tells me is next to the President's room. The guy Misaki hates. Seriously, though? This school is too rich. The President actually has a whole room? Wow. 

Mayumi groans and I look back at her. "WHYYYYY?!" She yells.

Everyone in the hall looks at her. She drops her voice. "I'm in Class 2-2 and yours is 2-1!" She covers her face. "Dang it!"

"Aww man," I say, staring at the list again. 

"Well...you're with Hikari, at least. I'll introduce you," Mayumi says,still doing her facepalms. "Honestly, I should have worked harder to get into 2-1."

"Huh?" I ask, completely confused. 

"it's the best class for academics. No wonder Hikari got in. And you're smart, they probably used your past school grades to allocate you," she says sadly.

"It's okay, right? I'll still see you around."

Mayumi facepalms herself AGAIN. "No...Different classes have different breaks and schedules. I mean some days it overlaps, but still..."

I feel  little scared to be in a new class in a new school without Mayumi, but I try to be brave. I can do it.