32

sorry. I did another time skip. just bear with me. and I left out prom, oops! Never mind, just imagine it. ~aurum autumn

Tora wraps his arms around me, his graduation robes fluttering. I hug him back. When we finally pull away, I smile up at him. "You've graduated."

He nods, taking my hand gently. "You better be a good President."

I laugh at that. "Of course. In fact, I'm going to be better than you were."

----

As the new President of the Student Council, I am under a lot of stress. I understand how Tora felt back then now. I have to make a lot of trips to other schools too, pretending to be polite and all. 

Today I'm visiting Seika. Wait. Actually, Seika's coming to Miyabigaoka. I am not going to give them another humiliating experience. Maki told me before that Tora once invited the Seika people over and showed them what the upper class people were like. That was kind of mean, though. I'm going to be a good President, one Miyabigaoka will remember.

"They're here!" yells Yuki. She's now the Vice-President, voted by the school. And in fact, she's doing a great job.

We rush to the school gates. I shake hands with Seika's new President- since Misaki graduated a while ago- I think his name is Kanou. He looks nervous and his eyes are darting in all directions. Obviously, he doesn't want to be here. But we have to discuss stuff! We're supposed to discuss whether we want an inter-school sports event! He better speak up.

I start first, once everyone is seated properly. "So about the inter-school sports event...I think it'd be a great idea."

"Uh huh!" Yuki squeals. I see some of the Seika guys nudging each other and I glare at them. They shut up.

The Kanou guy pushes his glasses up the bridge of his nose nervously. "Uh, maybe not? I'm sure Miyabigaoka will beat us in everything..."

I'm shocked at his lack of confidence, especially in his own school. "Uh, I think you should definitely be more confident. I'm sure you have equally capable people in your school."

After a long discussion, the Kanou guy agrees to have the sports event annually. At least it's a step. Miyabigaoka seriously needs to have better relations with other schools. 

I smile to myself. I'm no longer the quiet girl anymore. I'm the President (of Miyabigaoka, anyway) and I'm going to change stuff for the sake of the school I love.

The next year passes by so quickly. I make new rules and sure, I get criticised, but I know I have the support of many students (no idea why) so it's good enough to keep me going. Miyabigaoka now has a student transfer program and we're going to have overseas school trips, plus a lot of other improvements.