4

I feel all eyes on me as I walk slowly to the President's room. Ugh, why me? 

The door is closed.I tap on the large wooden door and enter. Some guard closes it for me from the outside. 

Inside, it's really spectacular. There are sofas and lots of cupboards and everything is covered with either gold or silver or jewels. Wow there's even a small stove and cooking area at the far corner. This is bigger than my whole house. 

Right in the middle of the room is a desk and Tora sits there on his ¥100000000 leather chair. At least it probably cost that much. I think I saw it when I went shopping before.

He smirks. "Hey."

I walk over and sit on a chair I'm assuming is for me. Ooh, nice and soft. "Hi."

"Impressive, isn't it?" He asks, meaning the room. "I picked out all the furniture myself."

I just nod. Sure. Sure.

His gaze lands on me. "You're still wearing that jacket."

"Uhh..." I say, stalling. What do I say to that?

Tora leans back on his ¥100000000  leather chair. "So how do you find Miyabigaoka?"

I'm quite sure he did not call me just to talk about that. 

"It's fine," I reply, then add "Why did you call me here?"

He looks at me lazily. "I want you to be my Vice-President."

I blink."Excuse me?"

He doesn't look away. "You heard me."

I shake my head. "Why? I'm not good enough. Please find someone else."

Tora doesn't reply for a while. The room is eerily silent. I look around at the room, noticing all the details on the walls and ceiling, even. And the carpet is so pretty.

"You don't have a choice. When I pick you, that's final." He says.

His eyes have this evil glint to it. I huff in annoyance. Why should I do what other people want? 

"I, uh, just want to be invisible. Like I don't want to hold any important positions in this school," I explain.

To my surprise, he laughs. Then he walks forward. "My Vice- President has resigned, understand? I need a new person. I may add that this year, I am choosing all the members in the Student Council. There will be no elections. I have the complete trust of the teachers."

"Wow, that's confident." 

Oh shoot. I did NOT mean to say that. It sounds so sarcastic!!! Tora stops in front of me and places a hand under my chin, forcing me to look up. "You have potential," he murmurs. 

I recoil in disgust like a lizard just touched me. Okay, I think I know why Misaki hates this creep.

Tora leans down and kisses me on my cheek very quickly, his hand on my chin so that I can't move away. 

I turn my head away. What the- "You just ruined my first kiss!" I cry.

He laughs again. "How pathetic. This is your first kiss?"

I face him, really pissed now. "You-"

"Be my Vice-President, (Y/N)."

What is wrong with this guy? I decide to tell him my idea.

I shake my head. "If I was Vice-President, it'd only be because you chose me. I should be voted in by the school. It should not be based on just your opinion. So I think you should hold an election. I promise I will take part. But it all depends on the school. That way,  if I get in, I'll feel better about myself. Like the school supports me."

Tora looks at me thoughtfully. "Very well."

Oh, he agreed so easily? 

I push the chair back and stand up. "Well, see you!" 

And I run out. 

UGH. That was terrible. I can't believe what I just did! I just agreed to hold a public speech and campaign about why the school should vote for me. That's so embarrassing, damn it. I lean against the sturdy door and exhale. Then I notice a lot of people staring at me. Apparently the President calling someone to his room is not a common occurrence.

I smile awkwardly and look for an escape route. The corridor with the least people. 

Before I can do so, the door behind me opens and I fall flat onto the floor. Wait. Someone's shoe. A black, well polished and shiny shoe. Only one person wears such shoes. 

I scramble up to meet the cool gaze of the President. He laughs. "Wow," he says.

I see amazement on the other girls' faces. But I don't wait to find out why. 

Instead I run away quickly.