two

the only downside of walking home from school was having to be near billy andrews. autumn could never do anything that pleases her. she couldn't hum or sing to herself, she couldn't stop and admire nature, or take a break to sketch a flower she adored. she couldn't do it without billy teasing and bothering her. these incidents have only happened three times, but autumn has decided to just stop so it is not repeated. she stares down at her boots as they crunch upon the fallen leaves. this was her favorite season, autumn. the situation was quite the coincidence.

"hey, wait up winters!" a voice rings out. autumn instantly knew it was billy, and begins walking faster. his footsteps are heavy against the leaves, creating a sound anyone could hear a mile away. it was obvious he was running after the girl. as he catches up to her, she clutches her supplies tightly to make sure he could not grab them. panting, he walks next to her. "hello, billy." autumn says grumpily. "what's up with you?" he asks, referring to her attitude. she looked him dead in the eye, giving him an "are you serious?" look before looking back in front of her. "if you don't mind, i'd like to get home." autumn says as politely as she can.

billy remains quiet, but stays by the girl. the two were neighbors, but barely saw eachother outside of school. billy was usually out hunting or running out in the woods, and autumn stayed cooped inside her room drawing. often times, however, she would walk to coles house. even then, she would rarely see the andrews boy.

the two came upon their homes and went their separate ways, not even glancing at eachother. well that was odd autumn thought to herself, not one mean word.