ten

billy laid in bed staring at his ceiling. he could see autumn's light on from across the street. his thoughts lingered on the smell of her room, and her herself. her room smelled of paint mixed with her perfume. her perfume smelled of mint and honey. her hair smelled of honey. she, herself, was dripping in the smell of honey. billy loved this about her. oh, how he could bask in her scent for days, weeks even. he longed to hold her in his arms, just so that delicious scent would stick onto him. what was he thinking? he panicked. billy andrews could not like any girl, especially not autumn winters.

she was so different. with the way she styled her hair, the way she composed herself. she was weird. and everyone knew that. she was irritating, homely, and awefully skinny. that's what all the boys say. she could hardly even work as a house wife. the one good thing she was good for was her art and her intelligence. billy andrews certainly could not like her, he knew of all these as true.

but somehow her laugh sent chills down his spine. her smile placed one on his. somehow, just somehow, he manages to fall into her dark blue pools for eyes. for some reason, he just wants to get closer and closer to the girl. billy had no recollection of this feeling before, and he hated it. he hated the way she made him feel when they're apart, and the way she makes him think. he hates the way his heart races whenever she scoots over next to him to show him how to do something. how he holds back the urge to move her hair away from her face when it falls from its place behind her ear. he hates it all.

the feeling was so new, the boy had no idea what to do. so he left it. the next day at school, he went on and kept up his teasing. his main focus from now on, autumn maree winters.

///

this one was short i'm sowwey :(
-sof