Star ; 16

"So..." Lila's pretty American accent trails off. "How did it go today with doctor Sawyer?" I shrug my shoulders back. Obviously no matter how much Lila begs I'm not going to tell her how I really felt. How I cried after admitting that I want to die.

"She...gave me a prescription for antidepressants." I whisper the last part as Lila stops putting food on our plates. Instead she hugs me tightly, she seems shocked. "Didn't she give you them?" I feel Lila shaking her head.

Well that's just fucking great.

"Do you want to talk about it. Because she suggested to me the other week I need to stop being so self centred and I totally agree with her. In all of these months since October I have never really asked you...how are you?" I falsely smile and shake my head. "I'm a bit happier now. Anyway, is that Gray's? I'll take it out to him..." Lila nods her head, she knows me more than I know myself. "If you're sure..." she whispers giving me his plate of chicken nuggets and chips. No sauce because our son has a boring pallet...of course.

"I still want a talk with you later." I roll my eyes. I've done so much talking today that I'm not really sure if I want to talk anymore. "I'm seriously fine." I reassure her before waking out of the room to the living room where Gray is on the floor watching TV.

"Come on mate, sit on the sofa. It's dinner time." With that Gray jumps up off of the floor very energetically and throws himself on the sofa. "It just came out of the oven so it's hot." Once again Gray nods his head.

As I go back into the kitchen to get my food the buzzer goes off. That buzzer goes off whenever someone presses the outside of the gates buzzer. "Dad?" Gray confusedly says. "I don't think we have anyone due to come over..." I admit.

"Gate!" Lila shouts out from the kitchen. I suppose I better answer it. "Getting it!" I shout back as I go to the small box next to the front door and look at the screen in the wall. It's a big butch guy holding a little girl's hand. "Hello?" I say into the speaker after pushing a button. Startled they both jump. That's when Lila comes out of the kitchen holding both of our dinner plates. "Who's that?" As asks going to walk past me. "Some guy and a little girl." With that Lila puts our plates down on the empty table besides the hall lamp.

"Ask what they want?" I nod my head as Lila puts her arms around my waist and patches onto me like a monkey. I can't help but smile...she hasn't done that in so long. "What do you want?" I mean...I don't mean to sound like a miserable old bastard.

"My daughter and I drove miles...to see you." Lila then looks at the screen. The little girl who stands behind her father has got to be like ten? Maybe a bit younger. She definitely should not be listening to us lot blabber on about current world problems. "Mate, I honestly really appreciate that. But it's a school night and I wanna spend time with my family" — I get cut off as Lila literally thumps my back. She points to me, the girl and then to our front door — "but since you've made a effort I'd love to meet you both." With that Lila then rubs my back and smiles. She is fucking psycho. "Seriously?" I whisper while the father daughter team celebrate that their trip wasn't wasted.

"She's only little. Like if she was fourteen then I would've said fuck it. Aw...bless." Lila and her maternal vibes. She's always wanted a girl. I like to think that Lena would've been a spoiled little girl. She was perfect. Maybe in the new year we can try again. I'm not blocking Lena out of my mind or replacing her, I'm simply implying that I want her and Gray to have another brother or sister. I think...it'll fill a hole.

"Alright...alright." I laugh as I open the door.

"Put shoes on!" She calls out as I shake my head. "You're not coming back in the house with dirty feet." With that I hold both of my middle fingers up in the air and walk towards the massive closed gate where I see the dad and the little girl wait outside it. I'm going to make out the gates are broke and we're waiting for the repair guys to come out and fix it.

All I want right now is some dinner.