Star ; 19

26/01/19

"Gray sit still." I sternly say once again. As Gray decides to literally stand up on the airplane chair. Lila literally has to settle him down while I put my arm around him. "How do you think your parents will react?" I whisper while Lila looks out of the window at the white fluffy clouds. I guess we've got a good flight, I was worried about whether we would come into turbulence...but I don't think so. At least not for now.

"React to what exactly?" Lila then looks at me with the biggest smile ever. "I mean...there's a lot of things for them to react too." My eyes trail off from look at her, to her hand...her wedding ring and then to Gray. He rests his head on my chest and closes his eyes. "They can't do or say shit. I'm a big girl now...the only thing I'm worried about is Gray getting attached to his grandparents. They aren't good people to be around." I go to question why she means but Gray decides to lean across his mother and point to her screen.

"I want to watch Avengers!" He says loudly as Lila tries shushing him. "Why are you so naughty today? What did you eat for breakfast? Where did you two go?" Oh fuck. What's when Gray laugh. "We ate loads of sweets and chocolate and I feel sick now." With that Lila's eyes widen. "Jesus Christ Dan. No wonder why he is super energetic. Come here baby..." Lila sympathetically whispers as she strokes Gray's cheek while I shake my head. "Dude, I told you not to say anything." I almost laugh feeling highly disappointed with my son. He promised me he wouldn't tell her. Literally one thing I say 'don't tell mum' and he goes and tells her. What a dick.

"Did you have the same as him." Lila stands up for a second.  Admittedly I nod my head, I had more than Gray and I'm starting to feel the consequences. "Where are you going?" I then ask her as she looks like she's planing on jumping over my legs to get to the isle. "Going to ask someone for a bag or something...I cannot be dealing with the smell of sick until we get to America." With that Gray then leans onto me, I look down and see he is a deathly shade of pale. I hug him while he puts on the film he wants to watch.

Now I feel really guilty.

"I think we're going to be okay...aren't we?" I ask as Gray nods his head while I put the headphones on him. I mean how else is going to hear that big purple guy is evil...even though like me Gray obsesses over his films. I've seen this film several times with him, I'll keep watching it until he gets bored, it makes him happy. "Are you sure?" I nod my head as she sits back down.

"Is there anything that...we can't say or do." Lila bites her lip and nods her head. "Don't...act the way you do. Don't tell the way we do...just be false. Whatever you don't swear." What the fuck? I mean all of those things are fucking impossible for a guy like me.

"Why am I starting to regret thinking that coming to America was a good idea?" That's when Lila honestly nods her head. "I'm starting to feel that way too...but it's too late to cancel. Old man Tom would've saw our names on the hotel books or whatever by now, they're expecting us..."

She's got a point. I'm just going to hope that we're going to have a nice time in America regardless of her old community. We're so close to this holiday now...