vowing

Very little things make me happy and you're one of them,
Only you know the way to make me smile,
Way before we met I know you'd be the one,
I don't know who I like or what I want,
Now since you're with me,
God should know He lost an angel

-

Tyler and Joshua may have been a little bit late to get to church because of a certain raven-haired boy named Brendon waking them up in the middle of the night for no reason but just to hang out.

Ok, maybe not a little bit late.

Maybe two hours late.

"Do we have to go?" 

"It's either I get my ass kicked for not going or I do but still get my ass kicked for being two hours late, your choice."

Joshua picked the first one.

Tyler didn't say anything.

-

"What time did church start anyways?"

Since there was no way in hell, said in the dark-haired boys voice, that Joshua was going home, both ended up relaxing in Tyler's room with the brunet calming playing his keyboard and Joshua listening contently.

Tyler waited until the last note silenced out before answering, "eight but I knew we were going to be late anyways."

Joshua nodded his head and randomly pressed a key for a slight high pitch note to emit, he was about to press another when a loud bang and yelling of Tyler's name sounded. Joshua yelped when the keyboard was shoved into his lap, "stay here, I'll be right back."

Joshua gave a timid nod and focused his attention on the music, his feet nearly brushing against the carpeted floor with his legs dangling over the brunets bed. The dark-haired boy tried to focus on random keys instead of the shouting happening a hall down, he could hear childish voices popping in here and there and curses being thrown their way which Joshua easily knew that was Tyler.

Joshua slid his fingers over the keys for a good while and stopped when there was no more shouting, he could hear small pitter patter of small feet dissipating in opposite directions until there was only one set of footsteps coming Joshua's direction.

When Joshua saw Tyler's face filled with anger, the boy gently slid the keyboard off his lap and slapped his sock clad feet against the dark carpet as he pushed off the bed, "so, did they, uh you know.."

Joshua never cursed before, he never liked Tyler or Brendon using that fowl language. Tyler was an exception sometimes, Brendon was never.

When Tyler said nothing and stood with his fists clenched, eyes squeezed shut, and muttering incoherent words, Joshua slowly slipped past him and looked down the hall just to make sure no one was listening before closing the door.

"Tyler?" the dark-haired boy was a little bit hesitant when he saw Tyler's head turn to look at him with a vicious gaze but when the brunet noticed Joshua was scared, his gaze softened and sighed.

Tyler's posture slumped, "I'm sorry, I just get tired of fighting with my parents."

Joshua nodded his understanding and went to sit back down, he got stopped halfway by a hand tugging at his arm and he looked back to see Tyler with a sad frown, "Tyler? You ok?"

The brunet didn't say anything but only tugged Joshua in for a hug, fighting back the tears and only focused on the warmth the dark-haired boy gave, "p-please call me Ty."

Joshua didn't question and nodded his head, wrapping his arms around Tyler's waist, "you're ok, Ty."

A sense of relief flooded Tyler's body and he took a shaky breath, he could faintly hear his parents arguing but when Joshua called him 'Ty' again, he quickly lost interest.

"You good, Ty?" Tyler faintly smiled and nodded his head, still keeping his grip on Joshua but the boy didn't say anything.

They stayed intertwined for a good while and when Joshua thought Tyler was completely fine, he stepped back but kept a lose grip on the brunets waist just in case.

"I'm sorry you had to hear that." Tyler mumbled out with his focus on the floor instead of Joshua, softly trailing his fingers up and down the pale boys arms.

Joshua shook his head, "it's completely fine. Parents and kids are supposed to fight sometimes, it's just life."

Tyler never understood how Joshua could take a horrible situation and make it simple and easy, maybe it's because Joshua's mind was sorted out and clean while Tyler's was clogged with unnecessary shit that he could never sort out.

The brunet was snapped out of his thoughts with just gentle words that slipped past Joshua's lips, "I think a nap is what you need right now, come on, I could use one myself."

Joshua was so nice to Tyler that it was unbelievable. Tyler was such a douche to others and was always in a pissy mood, he could understand why Brendon and him never got along but somehow, Joshua always brought out a gentle version of Tyler that only the dark-haired boy would see. It was an undoubted fact that Joshua was the only reason why Brendon wasn't dead yet and Brendon should take that greatly but, you know, the raven-haired boy was just as oblivious like others and never cared about other people except himself.

Tyler was just grateful Joshua was in his life.