imagination

I'm sorry if I don't respond back,
My life at home still isn't good,
And my dad isn't letting up,
God help me,
It's hard to see you upset,
Nothing makes me more mad seeing you sad,
And I'm sorry if I make you cry,
To think I was the crybaby,
I thought I was,
Oh, I thought I was,
Now I realize I'm not and I'm the one to blame

-

Please point out any mistakes I've made but don't be a jerk about it, thank you :).

Trigger warnings for mentions of abuse and light mentions of use of alcohol.

-

Joshua couldn't see Tyler, he just..couldn't. His father was getting more strict by the days meaning more chores, a new bedtime, and no friends.

It's not like Joshua was ignoring Tyler, it's just he couldn't be with him.

-

"A week and a half since Josh abandoned us, right? Did I count that right?" Brendon questioned the last one to himself while checking his phone.

Tyler said nothing with his stare up to the ceiling.

Brendon sighed, "come on, Tyler, it's not like he broke up with you."

"Then why won't he talk to us? What did we do to him to make him stop talking to us?" The brunet muttered while feeling anger pool inside of him.

Brendon opened his mouth but shut it. He couldn't tell Tyler that Joshua spoke to him a few days ago, he couldn't tell Tyler why Joshua stopped hanging with them because Joshua was risking his life just to speak to him.

Tyler noticed Brendon's hesitation, "what do you know?"

Brendon raised a brow, "what do you mean? I know nothing."

Tyler sat up with his gaze locked with Brendon's, "I know that face, Bren, don't lie to me."

The raven-haired boy's phone started to vibrate and Brendon cursed, Tyler hopped off the bed and grabbed it off the floor before Brendon could.

Joshua 😘

Accept      Decline

Tyler gritted his teeth and glared at Brendon, refraining himself from smashing Brendon's phone against the wall. The phone stopped vibrating but started again, Tyler gives Brendon an 'I dare you to explain yourself' look before pressing the accept button.

-

Joshua fell face first onto his bed with tear filled eyes.

It's been a week since Joshua talked to Tyler, a damn week and it was breaking him. He talked to Brendon and told him the situation a few days back but just talking to his friends gets him in trouble, so both boys just decided texting and calling was the safer bet. It's hard for Joshua to ignore his boyfriend, even at school, but he didn't want to get himself or his siblings in trouble from his own stupidity.

Joshua sat up and wiped away the tears that fallen, grasping the black case of his phone from his front pocket and pressing in the passcode. It rang all the way through with no answer and Joshua rolled his eyes, tapping on his contact again and pressing it to his ear.