Chapter 21

I walk to the diner and I see Tobias in there, but I decided I should go in. I sit at the counter but I hear him calling my name. “Alison,” he calls.

I turn around, and he gestures me to the table. I have to get over him, I can't be with him. I walk over and I sit across from him. “What are you doing here?”I try to hide m actual voice. He looks at me, “My fiancé left me, told me she wasn't worth my time, I loved her, and she just left me with our child, I never got today goodbye,” he says with tears starting to form in his eyes. “I'm sorry, I didn't know.” “It's fine, do you want to come to my place for a beer or something?” I really shouldn't, “Sure.” What did I just do?

I'm so stupid, I shouldn't have let him back in my life. We enter his car and we drive to our old home.

“Here we are, the place where I've had my best and worst moments of my life.” I frown, and I caused all of them. I walk in and I see our home. Beer bottles and cigarettes are scattered everywhere. I broke him. I feel tears in my eyes, but I blink them away.

“So this is where you guys lived together,” I say as I pretend to look around. He nods, “Our baby is upstairs sleeping, her names Reyna.” I fake a smile and I walk over to the kitchen. He gives me a beer and  he chugs his down. I do the same and I chug mime down. I feel a rush course through my veins. “Do you have a cigarette? ” He nods and hands me one. He lights it for me and inhale it. I cough a little, but it feels good. He lights his cigarette and smokes it. It feels just like the time I hurt him before.

I see the ring and I look at it, “She must have left the ring behind, didn't she?” He nods, “I love her, but she's gone. She sad she will be in the area, but she won't be herself.” “I think I should go,” I say as I gather my stuff. “Wait,” he comes over and kisses me, but I pull back. “I'm sorry Four, I've been hurt to many times.” I feel a tear fall down my cheek, but I brush it away.

“I'm sorry, You remind me of her,” but he trails off. I shake my head, “I'm going to go. I grab my purse and I walk out the door. My apartment is about five minutes away in walking distance.

I open up the door to my apartment and I just lay on the couch. I start to cry because I miss our family. I miss him, but I can't right now. I want to smoke again, the feeling calmed me for the time being, so I call him, blocking my phone number so he doesn't know it's me. “Hey,” is all I say. “Hey Alison, what do you need?” “Can you bring me some beer and cigarettes?” “Sure, where do you live?”

“Dauntless Apartments, Floor 5, Apartment 306.” “Ill be here soon.” “Okay.” I hang up. I frown. I'm doing the thing I didn't want to do, bring him back into my life.

I hear a knock on my door and I open it. I smile and I invite him in. I grab a beer and I sit on the couch and we just talk. I tell him about my “background”, even though it's all fake. He tells me about his life wit Reyna and I.

I grab a cigarette and I light it. I just sit down and smoke for a little. When I'm done I walk over to him. He stands up and looks at me. I kiss him, I feel the same way I felt when I first kissed him. He kisses back, then it turns into a full on make out session, but I stop it. “What about your kid at home?” “I called a friend, told her to stay the night since I'd probably be to drunk to take care of her tonight.” I nod my head and we start kissing again. I'm doing the things I said I would never do, let him back in. We quickly move the make out session to my room. I remove his shirt, and he removes mine.

I stop it, and I think about Peter, “I'm sorry I don't think I can do this right now,” I say as I get out of bed. I take my pants off and I slip under the covers. I hear him take off his pants, and I know he's in his boxers, that's how he always sleeps.

I turn away from him and I close my eyes, but he whispers something in my ear, “I love you Beatrice Prior.”