Chapter 1: Neji Hyuuga

(Y/n)'s PoV
    I walked into the room with Naruto’s team.“There are so many people here…” I said worriedly as I clung to Sakura’s arm. “Don’t worry (y/n)-chan, most of these people aren’t looking for a fight before the exams start.” Naruto assured me with a smile. I nodded and continued clinging to her arm.
    “Hm. Weakling.” Sasuke scoffed at me. I looked down at my feet sadly. I was used to the Uchiha saying things like this to me, but that didn’t make it any better. “Don’t you dare talk about (y/n)-chan like that!” Naruto yelled at him. “Tch.” Was his only response.
    "Don’t worry, we won’t let anyone hurt you (y/n). Right Sasuke-kun?” Sakura said cheerfully. The Uchiha glared at the pink haired girl and grunted in response. I could feel the disappointment emanating from her. “D-Don’t worry Sakura-san, I don’t want you to have to protect me.” I said, my face flushed slightly.
    We had just gotten settled when a gray haired boy with glasses walked over to us. I hid behind Sakura due to his dark aura. “Huh? (y/n)? What’s wrong?” She asked as she turned to look at me. “H-He h-has a d-dark aura.” I whispered to her.
     She nodded and turned back to the conversation that they were having. I looked around the room and saw many teams from other villages but from the leaf too. As I looked around, I saw a team from the Leaf that seemed to be a bit older than us.
    One member of the team was a girl with two buns, another was a boy in a green jumpsuit with his headband around his waist, and the third was a boy with long brown hair pulled into a low ponytail. Judging from his lavender eyes, I guessed that this was Hinata’s cousin Neji that she had told me about.
    Hinata and I were best friends, so I was frequently at the Hyuuga compound and therefore had seen him a few times. His eyes locked with mine, causing my face to heat up.
    I looked away, a slight smile playing at my lips as I heard Hinata speak from behind me. “H-Hello (y/n)-san.” She said shyly.
    “Hi.” I said quietly as I hugged the female Hyuuga.                          "Hinata-chan, is that Neji-san over there?” I asked, my face slightly warming. “Mm.” She nodded with a worried look on her face.
    I couldn’t take my eyes off of the beautiful older boy that I now knew as Neji Hyuuga, the older cousin of my best friend Hinata Hyuuga. My eyes were so focused on him that I didn’t realize that the proctor for the first exam had finally arrived. Sakura grabbed me by the wrist and dragged me first room would be held in.
    We walked up two flights of stairs and stopped in front of a room that had many people in front of it and a few genin who had started a fight. When we got there, I saw Neji looking over at me again. I blushed and hid behind Sakura again.