Chapter 3: The Written Exam

Once we were allowed to flip the tests over, I looked over the questions and realized that we would have to cheat in order to answer them correctly. I used my Byakugan and began copying the answers of the person in front of me.

(Y/n)'s PoV
    I looked over at Neji and realized that he had used his Byakugan to copy the answers of the person in front of him. I decided to follow suit and activated my (k/g) and (cheating method). I looked over to see that we got the same answers for the questions. I hoped that Naruto had been smart enough to figure out what the test was actually about, especially considering the fact that written tests were definitely not his strong suit.
    People were being eliminated left and right while the rest of us waited for the tenth question. After a while, Ibiki Morino, who was the proctor walked up to the front of the room.
    “Before I give the tenth question, I am giving you the option to drop out if you don’t think you can answer it correctly. If you choose not to take the question, you can leave now.     However, if you decide to take the question and answer it incorrectly, you can never take the chunin exams again. Anyone whose teammate drops out will be eliminated too. If you wish to leave, you may now raise your hand.” He finished.
    I watched Naruto as I heard other teams get called out. I saw Naruto begin to raise his hand and got nervous.  Suddenly, he slammed his hand into the desk and gave a speech about how he would never give up. I smiled gently to myself. “Hinata’s probably a blushing mess right now.” I thought to myself.
    Sure enough, I found the red faced Hyuuga sitting next to the blonde. I smiled lightly to myself and looked up to see that nobody else was raising their hands.
    Suddenly, a woman with a banner burst through the window and started yelling. “Listen up maggots! My name is Anko Mitarashi and I’m your next proctor!” she yelled. “You’re early.” Ibiki said as he stepped out from behind the banner.
    She gave him a nervous chuckle before looking to see how many of us were left. “This many left Ibiki? You’re going soft.” She said as she surveyed the room. “Or maybe they’ve just gotten better.” He said. “It doesn’t matter though because my test will eliminate at least half of them.” She said with a smirk that made me shiver from the bloodlust.