Chapter 14: Rescuing Hinata

The four of us ran out of the village with hopes of catching up to them before they reached the border. Kiba tracked their scent and the rest of us followed him. Not too long after, we jumped down into a clearing, causing dogs made out of mud to form and begin attacking us.
    Neji, Kiba and I continued tracking the shinobi, leaving Tenten to fight the mud dogs. We approached another clearing where the shinobi had stopped with Hinata.
     Kiba attacked them, creating a cloud of smoke which Neji and I used to get to Hinata and Kiba.  After fighting them for a few minutes, Neji threw a smoke bomb and pushed Hinata and Kiba to the ground, concealing them from view before jumping away. I then used this distraction to get them to safety before going to assist Neji.
     After fighting for a while, my chakra and stamina were running low. “Dammit.” I mentally cursed my weakness as I attempted to find a weakness in my opponent. I ran out of chakra and was kicked to the other side of the clearing.
     I looked over at Neji to see him struggling against his opponent.  “I’m sorry...Neji…” I thought as my eyelids grew heavy I coughed, spraying blood all over my (f/c) shirt. As my eyes began to close, I saw that Neji was about to get hit by something when none other than Hiashi Hyuuga, Neji’s uncle, saved him. I smiled lightly to myself, knowing that he was safe as my world faded to darkness.
     I woke up to see a bright light and a white room. I looked to my left and saw a window next to the bed I was in. To my right, was a small end table with a vase that held a single (f/f) and the door on the right wall. I saw the door start to open and tried sit up but immediately regretted it upon feeling a pain in my chest. I fell back down on the bed and sighed heavily out of frustration.
     “Don’t try sitting up yet.” A monotone voice said. I turned my head to see Neji enter the room with Tenten, Hinata and Kiba. I looked away as my face heated up slightly. “W-What happened?” I asked as I looked at them. “You were kicked against a tree and knocked out.” Neji said as he set something down on the end table. I looked over to try to see what it was but the object was hidden by the vase.
     “Dammit. I’m too weak.” I said as I directed my gaze from his face to the ceiling. “No. You had already used so much chakra. It couldn’t be helped. I apologize for not being able to help you though.” He said as he looked away from me. “It’s alright. You were busy.” I said with a smile.