Chapter 28: (Y/n), the Hikari Princess

I smiled slightly at my lover as Shiro, who stood next to me began to speak. “Lady (Y/n) is the princess of the (L/n) clan. In other words, she’s the daughter of the clan head and the Hikari Princess.” Shiro explained sweetly. Neji’s eyes widened a bit as he looked at me. “You’re the Hikari Princess?” He asked in shock.
     I smiled a bit at my old title as I met his gaze with mine. I closed my eyes and nodded. “No one’s called me that in a long time.” I said with a hint of laughter in my voice.
     “And to answer your questions, Neji, this is my cousin Shiro.” I said. I stood up and placed my hand on the child’s head. She bowed deeply and respectfully to him.
     “Hello sir.” She said before straightening up with a smile. “Shiro, this is my fiance Neji.” I said as I walked over to him. He gave Shiro a small smile before bowing to her. “It is nice to meet you Shiro-san.” He said politely. “The pleasure is mine Neji-sama.” She replied with a wide smile.
     I looked out the window behind Shiro and saw that it was now dusk. “You should be getting home soon Shiro, it’s getting dark.” I said. She nodded and bowed to us before climbing out the window and leaving.
     Neji sighed and shook his head, making me giggle at him. “Let’s take care of your arm now.” He said. I sat down, having forgotten about my injury. I took off my dress and waited as he cleaned and bandaged the injury. I then decided to change into a navy blue shirt and black shorts. After I changed, we went downstairs to see that Mei was still there.
     “Kisame Hoshigaki ordered their deaths.” I informed her gravely.
     She nodded. “I’ll be going.” She said. I nodded and we said our goodbyes. When Neji and I went to bed that night, we prepared for our return journey to Konoha which would begin the next day.

*Timeskip 2 weeks*
     We walked into our house and put our stuff away before laying on the bed. By now, I was 3 months pregnant, so it still wasn’t visible. We laid there for a few hours, trying to sleep until a knock sounded at the door. We stood up and walked to the front door, wondering who would be here this late. To our surprise there stood Hinata.