Chapter 8: Preliminaries?!

After a while, the four of us walked through a door into another room where everyone else was already waiting. I stood next to Naruto as the Hokage began to explain the purpose of the chunin exams and who the proctor of the third round was. I looked around, not really paying attention until the end.
    “Anyone who doesn’t feel that they are in their top physical condition can leave now.” At first no one left. But then Kabuto raised his hand and left after arguing with Naruto about why he quit.
    We all went up to the balcony to watch the first match. The two names appeared on the screen.
                   Uchiha Sasuke
                              vs.
                    Akado Yoroi
    Sasuke smirked and walked past me to go down to his fight. “Good luck Uchiha.” I said as he passed me. “Tch.” He said with that damned sarcastic Uchiha smirk. I rolled my eyes and turned my attention to the arena and our coughing proctor named Hayate Gekko.
    “Talk about not being in your top physical condition. This guy sounds like he’s dying!” I said as I looked around on the balcony. I eventually found Hinata and jumped at the alarmed female, causing her to jump slightly and yelp a bit. I giggled as I threw my arm over her shoulders.
    “I-I think someone’s w-watching you (y/n)-san.” She said as she tried to hide the fact that she was pointing to the other side of the balcony with a shy smile. I followed her finger with my eyes and locked gazes with her cousin. I looked away quickly, trying to find the pink on my face.
    Hinata giggled quietly causing me to look at her. “What’s so funny?” I asked in confusion. “You like Neji-niisan don’t you?” She asked with a small smile. I paused before I nodded and blushed a thousand shades of red. She gave me a close eyed smile before nodding.