Chapter 30: The Fourth Shinobi War

A week later, we were sorted into our divisions, made of the same attack range from each of the Five Great Nations. Hinata, Neji, and I were in the Second Division, short range attacks led by Kitsuchi of Iwagakure.
     I stood in between Neji and Hinata, gripping their hands tightly as Gaara, the Kazekage and Commander of the Allied Shinobi Forces gave a speech.
     Finally we began moving, our orders were to destroy clones of an Akatsuki member named White Zetsu. After Intelligence realized that thousands of these clones had slipped by underground, we were ordered to assist the First Division, mid-range attacks, led by Darui of Kumogakure by attacking their enemies from behind while part of the division is left behind to fight the Zetsus.
     Once we defeated our opponents, we were ordered to help Killer B, the Hachibi Jinchuuriki from Kumogakure and Naruto. Neji, Hinata, and Hiashi blocked an attack directed at Naruto and continued to fight.
     After a while, I noticed that the giant demonic statue that we were fighting was shooting wood out of its fingers, those who could dodge did, and most of those who couldn’t were killed by it. I dodged until I could no longer move. One ripped my arm open, causing me to scream in pain as blood soaked my sleeve.
     “(Y/n)-chan!” Naruto screamed at me. “I’m fine!” I yelled as I tried to stand up. Neji, Hinata and Hiashi left to protect the rest of the Allies as we continued fighting the Juubi. While they were away, the Juubi again began shooting the wooden volleys, this time they were directed at Naruto, who couldn’t get up.
     My heart pounded as I stared at him and began running towards him, trying to get there in time to save my dear childhood best friend.