Cold

A/N: You're a daughter of Poseidon in this one, sorry for any inconvenience. This chapter is dedicated to cassandrathorn44. (and a question to you, is your name from The Ranger's Apprentice series and the BrotherBand series?)

You don't know why, but it all of a sudden gotten colder during the day. You had even had some near misses with icebergs. You knew that it shouldn't be that cold and that one of Gaia's allies were messing with you.

It was night now and the room's heaters had mysteriously switched off.
You were freezing.

You wondered if you could sneak into Percy's room and sleep with him. But chances were he was with Annabeth (behind Coach  back) or he was drooling like Annabeth often joked about him doing. You thought through everyone else on the ship and your mind came to rest on the image of Leo's face. He didn't have anyone aboard this ship and neither did you. And besides, he's supposed to be able to heat himself up. You knew you shouldn't but you didn't really care right now. You just wanted to be warm. You sneaked into his room to find him at his desk, still working.

"Y/N!" His face was one of surprise, "What are you doing here?"
"I was cold," You muttered, "But more importantly, what are you doing still awake?"
"I need to keep working on the ship." He yawned and stretched then slung his arm over the back of the chair that he was looking at you.
"You need to rest." You replied forcefully.
"Okay," He caved in, "But only after I have the heaters turned back on again."
"No." You said with force again. "You need to sleep now."
"What about you?" His hair was sticking up at a strange angle and you had the ridiculous urge to laugh, "Aren't you cold?"
"I am," You replied honestly, "But not as much as you're tired."

There was some awkward silence between the two of you and you decided to just go for it.

"Can I sleep in your room tonight?" You asked, scared of the answer.
"Why would you want to do that?" Astonished by what you had said.
"Because I'm told that you're warm," You told the truth, "You need sleep and I need warmth, it's a good compromise."
"Yeah okay," He said then he went off to get changed into his nightclothes.

By the time he came back, your teeth were already chattering and you were shivering again.

"I see what you mean by cold." Leo mused.

He lay down behind you, a good distance behind you so that you could hardly feel any warmth at all. As your shivering had barely stopped, Leo slowly and carefully shuffled forward, not wanting you to be uncomfortable. You pushed backwards until you were almost touching.

"I wouldn't be here unless I wanted to be," You reminded him of how warrior-like you were. He still seemed uncertain, so you closed the gap between you and him and felt his muscle tighten through his thin night shirt, "I won't bite." You say as he puts his hand on your waist fearfully. "Much." You finish then drift off into sleep.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

A/N: The next one is going to be the part two of this one. Trust me, it gets more interesting.
Till next time my pretty psychos!