Crimson: the Color of Determination

This whole book is now and has always been dedicated to you, Stan Lee. I hope that where ever you are, you can hear all of our wishes for a good afterlife. 

Love, Bethany

Also, thank you to 

DaOneFanGirl

BrianneMorris

Storiedbyme

AhsokaTano2015

kkthegirl06

harleyquinn991

mc1900

And so many more. I decided to also add some people who are still supporting Little Brat. Though I am no longer continuing that fanfiction, it still makes me happy and motivated when I see their support! 

We had all made it to our motel. We had heard that this place didn't really care about ages or really anything. They were accustomed to criminals and refugees taking a rest here. 

"Your room will be on the 1st floor in room 106," a shy girl said. She seemed about my age and also very reclusive. Then I felt it. I could feel the energy coming from her. Fear. She was afraid, constantly. 

"You're afraid. Why?" I asked suddenly. 

"I-I don't know what you're talking about, miss," she said. I grabbed her hand. 

"Guys, go to our room. I'll meet you there," I said as I looked back. They all nodded and walked out. "It's okay; you can tell me and no more with the miss; we're the same age."

"But it's illegal. If I get caught, the men in suits will come and get me," she whispered as her eyes were brimming with tears. Her eyes were squeezed shut as if she were in pain just by the thought. 

"You're inhuman, aren't you?" I asked in a whisper. She hesitantly nodded. "It's okay, I'm inhuman too. That blonde girl and black haired boy are too. We escaped from Tony Stark's school. All the inhumans from there did too." 

"Really? You're inhuman?" she asked. I let myself shimmer, showing it's purple hue. "My name is April. What's yours?"

"Everest. Now let's go talk in our room," I said. She walked out from behind the desk. She still had a strong hold on my hand. I could feel her hand shaking in my grasp. 

We both walked to our room. As soon as I opened the door, they all stood up in a battle-ready positioned. "It's okay, guys. It's just me," I said. 

"No, it's not. You brought a stranger with you," Dakota said. 

"Guys, she's an inhuman like us. She's just very afraid of S.H.I.E.L.D.," I said as I closed the door, "I think she should come with us so that we can ensure her safety."

"Whatever you say, Everest," Peter said. Then, there was a sudden bright light as Peter looked April in the eye. Both seemed enamored by the other. Then I saw it. Their string formed a heart as it shimmered and glowed. 

Suddenly, a pair of shimmering scissors appeared in my hands. "Would you like to cut it?" a sudden voice asked. 

"Of course not," I whispered. I couldn't do that to Peter. I just couldn't. I knew it was bound to happen, but not while I was still around.