Chapter Three- Frank

*Thirty minutes ago* 

I dash out of the Way family household and to my house. It's a 2-minute walk. But I'm running, so I make it in less than a minute. I walk into my house, hoping mom isn't home. Boy was I wrong. I unlock the door so I can enter, but I see my mom and some guy on the couch, making out. I cover my eyes, but before my eyes are fully covered a shirt flies my way. 

I almost throw up and I run out of the house. I run into the bushes in the back and throw up. I'm probably there for a few minutes before I stand back up, very extremely light-headed. I dizzily walk back to the sidewalk area. Struggling to go somewhere. 

I eventually find myself back at Gerard's house. In desperation, I limp over to the door. Ringing the doorbell. I keep jamming my finger on the rectangular bell. I hear footsteps come closer and Gerard opens the door. 

"F-Frank?" 

"Hi, I just uh..." I stutter, taking a breath. Gerard steps to the side, letting me in. I nod at him. I walk in and starts pacing around.

"Gee! Who is it?" Mikey shouts. He walks in. "Uh..." Mikey looks at Gerard, raising an eyebrow. "Do you want any pizza?" Mikey asks cautiously.

"Uh- sure, I uh... sure." I gulp. I'm not entirely sure I should eat after throwing up in disgust, but why not? I follow Mikey and takes a seat next to Ray. Mikey on the other side. Gerard sits across from me.

"You good, bro?" Ray asks.

"I- sure... Anyway... Would it be weird if I stayed for a little bit?" I ask slowly. Mikey and Gerard nod immediately. Mikey hands me a slice of pizza.

"Gerard? Did you eat already?" I ask with wonder. Mikey and Ray wince slightly. 

"I- uh..." Gerard nervously looks at a slice of pizza.

"I mean, I only left for like 10 minutes, so unless you eat fast..."

"Uh- no, I was just about to..." He grabs the smallest piece and takes a bite. 

"Okay then?"I shake my head quickly and look around. My leg bouncing up an down, wanting to. 

"Gee?" Mikey starts.

"I- I'll be right back... Heh..." He dashes out of the kitchen and up the stairs. 

"That was weird..." I say. 

"Frank... Gee he-"

"Ray, no." Mikey puts a hand on Ray's arm. 

"Are you two together?" I blurt out. 

"What?! No, of course not. Just friends." Mikey persuades, he puts his hand down, letting go of Ray. 

"So tell me, Frank, when'd you move here?" Ray asks, changing the subject.

"A while ago... But it was mainly to unpack," I mutter. Then Gerard reenters the kitchen and I stare. Wondering what the fuck just happened. 

"You good, Gee?" Mikey asks worriedly.

"Yeah, I'm fine just had to... Check something..." Gerard bites his bottom lip. 

"So... we can work on our project..." I suggest, trying to change the subject. 

"Sure..." Gerard answers softly. 

~~~ Now~~~

"What?!" 

"I'm kidding... Geez." I laugh. It's funny seeing him so confused. He purses his lips and then looks down again.

"Do you really think Mikey and Ray are together?" He asks. 

"I'm mean... I feel like there is chemistry. But I might be wrong." I say, trying to make this less uncomfortable. 

"Sure... Can we go back to the project?" He has a shy smile. And I really like it. I like seeing him smile. I like knowing that I made him smile. Shit. 

"So, I can work on some tabs..." I suggest. He nods happily. Then I feel vibrating and I grab my phone. "Shit, it's my mom. Gimme a minute." I excuse myself. 

"What?" I say. 

"Where are you?" She demands.

"Like you'd care." I spit. 

"Fine. When you do come back, I won't be there. I actually won't be back for about a week. I'll see you till then. I left twenty dollars for whatever you need for the next week." Then she hangs up. 

Twenty dollars for a whole fucking week. How generous mom. I walk back to Gerard's room, quietly and find him softly singing. 

You're not in this alone
Let me break this awkward silence
Let me go, go on record
Be the first to say I'm sorry
Hear me out

He strums the guitar a few times while singing. I pretend I just came back and knock the door. 

"Can I come in?" I ask through the door. 

"Oh! Of course, you don't need to knock." He says. I come in. He smiles and sets the guitar down. Such a sweet smile. Great, now you sound like an old grandma. And now I'm talking to myself. 

"FRANK!" Gerard claps his hands in front of me. I jump back and stare. 

"Uh- I'm back." My face feels hot. 

"Mikey called us down," Gerard says. He grins and grabs my wrist, dragging me downstairs. 

"Finally. I thought you two died." Mikey says. Ray laughs... A little too dramatically. "Anyway, I called you down because..."

"If you're pregnant, I'll kill you." Gerard points at Mikey. "And I'll kill you if you got him pregnant." Gerard turns to Ray.

"What!?" Ray jumps. 

"Uh... No one is pregnant..." Mikey clears his throat. "But I have something to tell you..."

"Oh lord, if you two are getting married." Gerard shakes his head. I burst out laughing. 

"Dude, we aren't even dating," Ray exclaims. "Now listen to Mikey or I'll shank you." Ray gives him a toothy grin. 

"So... This is more of a private matter..." Mikey suddenly looks down. 

"S-should I go?" I ask. 

"No, I- I trust you." Mikey looks up a bit. "Uh- a while ago, I found out some information... But it was like a personal discovery... And now, I want to s-share it with you..." He starts to stutter and I just know tears are forming in his eyes. 

"Mikey, whatever it is, I'll support you." Gerard puts an arm around Mikey. 

"Uh... Gee, I- I'm g-gay." Mikey whispers softly. So softly I barely hear it. 

"What?" Gerard pulls his arm back, walking in front of Mikey and kneeling down.

"I'm gay," Mikey says more confidently.