Chapter Four- Gerard

"W-what?" My jaw drops. I had thought I'd be the first to know. But apparently, my brother trusts Ray more. My heart is pierced with betrayal. 

"Gee..." Mikey says apologetically.

"You know what? Good for you!" I retort. I turn on my heel and leave the room. I race to my room before any tears can spill. I slam the door with as much force as I can. 

"Gerard..." A new voice comes up. "Come on, I can't do this again." 

"Frank?" I whisper.

"Yeah, it's me. Open the door, please." He begs. I sigh and open the door slowly, just a bit. He stares at me for a second before walking past me and to the bed. He pats the space next to him, and I sit next to him, cautiously. 

"Come here," he wraps his arms around my shoulders. "Why were you really upset?" 

"Because I'm not sure," I answer, hoping he understands what I mean

"You don't know your sexuality, do you?" He concludes. He really is a damn mind reader. I shake my head. "Do you?" 

"I'm believed to be bi." He smiles. "But I'm like... 70% gay and 30% straight." He adds. I lean my head on his shoulder. I'm not sure why I'm comfortable around him... But, I am.

~~~

We spend the rest of the time just hanging around. I turn to sketch something. I start out with the shape of a head. Eyes, then the nose. I do the mouth. Once, I finish, I realize who I drew. I look over at Frank who's messing with the guitar and I hide the drawing under a textbook. 

"So... Should we actually work on our project?" He asks. 

"Sure," I pull out my notebook of miscellaneous lyrics. "So, they aren't completed songs but... we can always just complete one. " I hand him the notebook. He scans them. 

"I like these lyrics." He turns the notebook and points to them. 

"Uh..." I look at the lyrics he's pointing to. Those aren't lyrics I'd like others to hear. 

"We- we don't have to use them..." He sees the look on my face.

"No, uh- it's okay." I pull a pen out. "I like to write first, then add a melody." 

"I think I have a melody for it already though." He says. He hums a soft tune. He closes his eyes and continues to hum. I stare at him. His foot, tapping to keep the beat. He gently sways a little bit. Then he finishes. "Gerard?" He says. I continue to stare. "What did you think?" 

"It's perfect." I smile. "Do you have your guitar?" I ask quietly. 

"Yeah," he holds the guitar up, "why?" 

"Try chords to go along with what you just hummed." 

"Like... This?" He plays a few chords. I tap my pen against the desk and my other hand against my leg. 

He looks over at the notebook. 

"Well I was there on the day
They sold the cause for the queen,
And when the lights all went out
We watched our lives on the screen
I hate the ending myself,
But it started with an alright scene"

I smile at his voice. Better than mine. I watch his face as his plays like he's rehearsed a million times. 

"I don't know what to do with this part." He says, pointing to a part in the lyrics. 

"I'm not singing for you, not yet." I smile as he pouts. 

"Mikey!" He calls. I hear two sets of footsteps run up the stairs. 

"Ow, stop!" Mikey squeaks. "You c-called?" He pokes his head in the room, still laughing. 

"Your brother isn't going to sing for me, does he sound good?" 

"Uh... How should I know? Not like he's ever sang in front of me before." Mikey raises an eyebrow. Then he tumbles to the floor. "RAY!" He smacks Ray's leg. 

"Hi!" Ray smiles. He's a fricking drop of the actual sun. Hence the name I guess. He waves awkwardly before grabbing Mikey by the arms and dragging him out. 

Frank and I turn to each other and burst out into laughter. "I- Wow, that- wow." He stutters, wipes tears from laughing too hard. 

"I know right, oh my god." I clear my throat and close the door. "Fuckers can't even close the door behind 'em." I shake my head in disappointment. I walk back to Frank and sit next to him. "Back to work?" I whisper in a weak voice. 

He smiles and nods. He goes back to playing some chords.