Chapter Thirty-Two- Gerard

My therapist comes to the room. Great. I sigh and stare at her for a second before turning my head. Mikey stands up and whispers something to her before leaving. For the last few days, I've had a hell-ton amount of visitors. Not even kidding. And yesterday, the doctor walked in a told me that my therapist is coming to visit, seeing how I ended up in the hospital in the first place. 

"Gerard? Hey, come on, you either talk to me- or you'll end up in a mental hospital," she says. I look over at her. She's changed since the last time I saw her. The tips of her hair are dyed purple, and she's skinnier. "First, what pushed you over the edge?"

"I have a- I'm seeing someone, and well, he's-"

"Frank Iero, yes, I know all about that."

"Well, he's with the others, and they're all hiding somewhere, and they can't communicate with others unless they plan a meeting. Or if they tell a cop to send a mail. So anyway, I got a letter for him- or so I thought. And it said-" 

"Yes, I saw the letter. Mikey showed me." 

"Yeah, well I was hurt. But we had planned to meet somewhere. So I waited out until then. But apparently, there was a lockdown, and he couldn't come because someone tipped the police that an attack would take place the exact same time I was supposed to meet Frank. And I guess- I guess my heart broke. And I couldn't handle it." 

"Gerard is this Frank... Is he kinda- toxic?" She asks. I shake my head immediately. She interrupts me before I can even speak. "Well, you say you like him, but that one letter and him missing a meet- it feels like you depend on him too much." 

"I don't-"

"You have to understand if he really does break your heart, and you do this again-"

"I won't-"

"But you can't promise that, Gee," she shakes her head. 

"Don't call me that," I narrow my eyes at her. "Only my friends and family can call me that. You can't." 

"Fine, Gerard. But I'll just have you know, you might want to cut him away before it's too late-"

"And what if I love him?" I blurt out. I gasp and my eyes widen. Did I just say that? I let out a sigh. I did just say that. And I think I mean it. 

"Gerard, you're too young to know if you love someone," she says, like a stereotypical parent, desperately trying to control their kid's life. I shake my head. She puts her hand on my arm and I slap her off. 

"Look, I'm talking, but I've already told you everything. Now that he's going to court soon, everything will be fine." 

"But- what if-"

"If you actually read the note, you'd see why I reacted the way I did," I state before looking away from her. Then the door opens. 

"Gee? What's going on? Mikey said something about a Lindsey and just walked off," Frank says, staring at me. Then he looks over at Lindsey. "Oh, god! I'm sorry. Am I interrupting something?" 

Lindsey takes one look at him and shakes her head. "I'm sorry, I was just leaving," she clears her throat and leaves. 

"Gee?" He sits next to me and rests his hand on mine. "Are you okay? You look stressed," he softly says, slowly intertwining our fingers together. I shake my head and squeeze his hand. 

I love him. I smile as he leans forward and kisses my cheek. "Elle let me go because of what happened. She says she'll let me go every day as long as everything goes according to plan," he looks down at our hands. "I'll put him away. After that, it'll all be over. I promise you. No one will ever try to hurt you again, and I'll be damned if someone does." 

I look over his head and see Lindsey, peering through the window. Then she smiles and walks away.