Chapter Twenty-Three- Frank

Maybe it's only been an hour, but it feels like forever. No one has come out to tell us what's going on. Gee sits on the side of the couch, so I walk over and sit next to him. He puts his arm around me and I lay my head on his shoulder. "Are you tired?" He asks softly. I look up at the ticking clock. It's already 1 am. I nod and he pulls his jacket off, covering my shoulders. "After today, I think you have a right to sleep a bit. I'll wake you up if they come out," he says. I almost want to shake my head, no, and stay awake, but the intense heaviness from my eyelids overpower me and I close them. 

"Frank-" I open my eyes and see Gee shaking me softly. I look up and see the door open. A doctor walks out. It's now 3 am. 

"Kellin Quinn Bostwick-"

"Actually, Doctor?" Vic stands up. "Bostwick is a name he'd rather not be known as," he says. The doctor nods softly. 

"He lost a lot of blood, and it was touch and go for a while..." The doctor pauses. I grip Gee's hand. "But he managed to pull through." 

Vic exhales and smiles. The heavy feeling in my heart leaves. I stand up and hug Vic. "Can we see him?" Vic asks. 

"He's unconscious at the moment, but of course," the doctor says. He lets us into the room. And there he is. His eyes closed, but if you didn't tell me he was under surgery, I'd say he's simply sleeping. He's not as pale as before. And his breathing is calm. 

Vic rushes over and leans over him. I walk over and squeeze Kellin's hand. The others whisper something to Kellin before leaving us. Vic holds Kellin's hand. 

"I can leave if you want me to," I say. Vic shakes his head softly, a tear running down his face. "Frank?" He asks, without looking at me. His eyes still on Kellin. "How do you know that you like someone?" 

"When all you want to do is spend time with them. And when they're in trouble, you worry with your full heart. It's when you get them back that you can't stop holding them like it's the last." 

Vic nods and kisses Kellin's forehead. I watch as Kellin's hand moves. Vic gasps as Kellin grips his hold on Vic. Kellin's eyes open slightly, probably adjusting to the light. "Hey, I'm here, Kellin. I'm right here," Vic breathes. Kellin groans and opens his eyes. He looks at Vic. 

"Vic? Are you okay? There's blood on your shirt. I thought that-" Kellin rambles. Vic shushes him and squeezes his hand. 

"Kells, I'm fine," he whispers. Kellin sighs and lays his head back on the pillow. He looks over at me. I nod and walk out of the room, closing the door behind me. 

Gee stares a second before walking towards me and grabbing my arm, "this might not be the best time, but I really need to tell you something-" he says. "Frank- he sighs and walks me over to an isolated hall. "Frank, I think- I think I like you-" he says softly. I blink, slowly comprehending what he said. "I know this might ruin our friendship- and I don't know how this ends, and I know you might not like me too, but I thought I had to be completely honest with you and after what happened-" I stop him by softly kissing him. He blushes and hugs me. 

"I like you too, Gee," I whisper.