Chapter Eighteen- Gerard

"What do you mean you can't stay?" I near shout into the phone. I hear Frank sigh heavily. Someone calls his name. "Look, I'll meet you later, for now, I have a school project, remember that?" I spit before hanging up. A rush of guilt passes through me, but I ignore it. Mikey walks in and purses his lips. 

"We have to go if we're going to make it in time," he says before leaving. I follow him. "Mom's gone for a few days, business trip," he sighs, "again," he adds softly. He tosses me a book and walks away. I shove the book in my bag and walk out. 

We walk to school, Ray runs out and follows us. Mikey follows back to talk to him. Usually, I'd be talking to Frank, but no. Not anymore. There are tutors at the hotel place for them. Am I worried for him, being alone? Or me, being alone? Or maybe it's the small part of my heart that wants to be with him. That wants him. I shrug the feeling off. It's the classic teenager questioning their sexuality. 

~~~

"Hey, Gerard?" A confident voice says. I turn around. He clears his throat. "Hi, sorry. I'm Brendon Urie if you didn't already know, I'm in your neighborhood? Anyway, I heard about Frank Iero, and I want you to know that I'm here for you, and so is Ryan," He grabs Ryan and puts his arm around him. 

"Hey, Gee. Sorry, Brendon's probably high again. He didn't mean to sound so insincere," Ryan glares at Brendon, who puts his hands up. "But really, we're here if you need someone to talk to." 

"Thank you, it's nice to know that not everyone at this school is heartless," I half smile. "But I get to see him later today, so I'm fine. Excited, actually." 

Ryan pats my shoulder and nods. He juts his head to the side, looking at Brendon, who nods happily. They both walk away together. What a loving relationship. I wish I had that. 

Mikey walks up behind me and taps my shoulder. "Hey, Gee," he weakly smiles at me. I look at his hands. 

"Mikey- why are your hands bleeding?" I near shout, grabbing them and examining them, 

"Gee, calm down. I just- got in a fight- some jerks were talking about Frank, and I just lost it," he says, lowering his hands and looking away. "I just came to tell you that I can't come with you to see Frank later today, but I'll come with you tomorrow. I just have this really important assignment from Mr. Humphrey," he rambles. 

"It's fine, calm down, and please, get your hands checked out," I say before walking away to English.