Chapter Nineteen- Frank

Elle smiles and helps us into the hotel- protection-whatever. "I'm sorry, but we are down one room because there was a small accident in the room." 

"Does that mean I can go back?" I chime, trying to keep the excitement to a minimum.

"No, it means two people have to share a room, luckily, it's a big room with two beds-"

"We'll do it, i-if that's okay with you, Kellin," Vic says, looking at Kellin, and their holding hands. Kellin smiles softly and nods, blushing.

"That settles it then, here are your rooms," she hands us keys.

"I guess we're neighbors," Kellin says, looking at my key card. I nod, silently walking to the elevators. I jab my thumb into the fourth-floor button. Kellin and Vic just silently look around the empty elevator. Just the hollow sounds of the elevator moving up, ever so slowly.

"I guess we'll meet everyone later," Kellin shrugs. "I can't tell if that's supposed to be fun or not. I bet at least one of them will be in tears, just looking at the other victims."

"Well, at least we know we aren't-"

Out of nowhere, the elevator shakes violently. Kellin slams against the wall, and booming crack fills up the dead silence of the elevator. Vic holds on to the short handle. I end up on my bottom, holding on for dear life. The elevator stops. "Kellin-" Vic kneels down by him. "Hey, are you okay- oh god," he says, gently putting his finger on the Kellin's head, the red mark skin turning purple. Kellin groans and sits up, laying his head against the wall.

"What happened?" He asks, looking around dazed. I turn to the doors, realizing that the elevator isn't moving. I start pounding on the door. "Please, stop. No one's coming," Kellin says. He gets up and presses the emergency button.

"Oh- right," I mutter. I lean against the cold metal wall. Vic sits next to Kellin as we wait, the silence, almost unbearable.

Then we all jump. A sudden bang bounces off the other side of the door. Kellin scoots in front of Vic, who froze from fear. I stare at the door, backing away slowly. Another bang. I hear a sob from the other side. Another bang. I look at Kellin, a determined look on his face. Another bang. Vic, terrified, hiding behind Kellin. Another bang. Kellin would risk his own life to save Vic's. Another bang. A scream. I feel my back press against the wall. Then everything stops. The elevator doors open.

My eyes widen at the sight.

"Oh my god."