Chapter 8

Shush girl, shut your lips do the Helen Keller and talk with your hips, my phone sounded from my pocket. I said shush girl shut your lips, do the Helen Keller and talk with your hips.

"Bub?" Grady asked as I pulled the phone out, I only nodded as I answered.

"Where are you?" I asked, instead of saying hello.

"Hey Sissy!" he yelled into the phone, his words sounded slurred.

"Bubby where are you?" I asked again.

"I'm at Simon's," he cheered and people in the background cheered with him. "I think I might be drunk," he said.

"I am on my way," I sighed rolling my eyes.

"Okay Sissy," he giggled, "just don't tell mom and dad," he whispered as if they could hear him.

"Okay Bub," I picked up Hughbert with my free hand and deposited him into Grady's lap so I could stand. "I'll be there in 5 minutes."

"Love you Lynnie!" he yelled into the phone.

"Uh huh Bye," I said before hanging up.

"So where is he?" Grady asked looking up at me, petting Hughbert.

"Simon's I have to go get him," I said moving towards the door to find my shoes.

"I'll take you," Grady said putting Hughbert down on the couch before standing.

"No," I said putting my hand up, "I can go myself."

"Ros," he gave me a look and stepped towards me, "he drove over there so you are going to need to drive his car back," his argument sounded reasonable, stupid Jerk face. "I'll drop you off and you can drive him back."

"Is he drunk?" my father asked, not looking away from the game.

"Ummm," I stalled looking down at my feet.

"I'll take that as a yes," he sighed, "just make sure he doesn't puke anywhere."

"Okay daddy," I said turning to leave.

As soon as we stepped outside Grady tried to take my hand, but I jerked away to quickly for him, or so I thought, his hand was still in mine.

"Grady let me go," I sighed.

"No," he said simply and I could hear his smile.

"Grady I am serious," I sighed again, "I do not have time nor the patience for your little games tonight."

"What games?" he asked pulling me to a stop in the middle of the road.

"You know what I am talking about," I said turning to look at him.

"Enlighten me."

"This," I said pointing down to our hands. "I don't have time for you to play let me fuck around with Ros."

He smirked over my choice of words. "Fuck around with Ros?"

"You know what I mean," I said pulling a hand through my messy curls. "This is all just a game to you, which is fine because most of the time it is fun to play," I admitted, "but right now I just want to go get my brother, go home, and pretend these last 2 days didn't happen. Okay?"

"Okay," the word was spat at me as he jerked his hand from mine. "Let's go get Bubba," he said walking towards his jeep, leaving me to throw my head back in frustration.

The ride was filled with tension; I kept opening my mouth to say something, only to close it again. He just stared straight ahead and I let out a sigh of relief as we pulled into Simon's driveway. Simon was waiting outside for us next to Ryder, who was leaning against his car.