Chapter 10

"How does she eat more than us every time?" Grady asked sitting back.

"You are not supposed to talk about how much I eat," I gasped looking up at him.

"Why?" he laughed.

"I'm a girl," I smiled, "you are supposed to let me think I am feminine."

"Lyn you are about as feminine as I am," Ryder laughed gathering up the boxes to take to the kitchen.

"Well you do take a long time to get dressed," I teased.

"Gotta look good," he snapped his fingers before disappearing.

Grady was staring at me, "What?" I asked swiping my hand across my face, "Do I have tomato sauce on my face?"

"No," he shook his head slowly.

"Then what?"

"Nothing," he shook his head again and I did the same.

"Whatever," I muttered putting my pizza down.

"So Lynnie," Ryder flopped back down on the couch and I looked up from the floor at him. "What do you want for your birthday?" he asked smiling.

"Nothing," I groaned, Ryder always got me something embarrassing. "Seriously nothing."

"I have to get you something," he smiled, "you're my baby sister."

"I am not a baby," I huffed, "I'm gonna be 17, you're only a year older than me."

"You're still my baby sister," he ruffled my hair and I slapped him away.

"If you are really going to get me something the new Maroon 5 CD just came out," I offered, knowing that he would never settle for a CD.

"Hmmm," he stroked his chin, "maybe."

Don't get me wrong I love my birthday, who doesn't love the day that is all about them? My brother always made sure that my birthday was great, even if he did get me the worst gifts, but there was a bigger reason as to why I loved my birthday; Grady.

I smiled as I remembered my 5th birthday party.

Flashback

"Simon is going to give me my first kiss," I giggled to Jacque, whose eyes went wide.

"What?!" she squealed.

"He said he wanted to give me a birthday kiss by the swings," I giggled again. "Am I gonna get cooties?" I asked, suddenly serious.

"No silly," she hit me playfully, "you can only get cooties from nasty boys!" she was an expert on the subject even when we were kids.

"What are you girls giggling about?" Grady asked coming to stand over us.

"Simon is going to give Ros her first kiss," Jacque squealed happily, but Grady frowned.

"No he isn't," he challenged and I stood to face him.

"You don't get a say," I said before turning away.

"Yes I do," he grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

"Nuh uh," I taunted, "Simon is going to be my first kiss," I said again even though Grady was shaking his head in denial.

"No he is not," he said again.

"You can't stop me," I said, trying to pull away, but then he did something very unexpected, he pulled me to him and pressed his lips against mine. He tasted like cake. He pulled away, but was still frowning at me.