Chapter 19

When I entered the lunch room I saw Jacque and the boys all crowded together whispering, I was confused...what was going on? I was even more confused when I walked up and they all stopped talking and sat back in their chairs.

"What is going on?" I asked, setting my tray down next to Grady's.

"Nothing!" they all said together, which made me more suspicious.

"Right..." I said slowly.

They all watched me as I started in on my pizza not saying anything. I rolled my eyes at them.

"Does anyone want a chocolate chip cookie?" Simon asked producing a bag filled with cookies.

"I want one!" all the boys said surging forward to grab one.

"Seriously Ros," Simon said around his cookie, "these are awesome."

"Thanks," I blushed.

"Well enjoy them," Grady said beside me, taking a bite of his burger, "it's about the only thing she can cook.

I turned to glare at him, "Sorry I'm not a better girl," I smiled then, "but you are girly enough for the both of us."

"Don't be jealous," he said with a falsetto voice.

"So," I turned back to the group and they all stopped eating, "what are we doing this weekend?"

Instead of answering they all looked at Ryder who was shaking his head, seriously what the fuck is going on...

"Nothing special," Ryder ventured, my smile fell. My birthday was Sunday and they weren't planning anything? Jerks.

"Yea," Grady said taking another bite, "nothing is going on this weekend," he shrugged his shoulders.

"Jerk Face," I muttered eating more of my pizza, while everyone else stayed silent.

I looked over at Jacque, who was picking at her food slowly and started to smile. I could get it out of Jacque, easy, she was terrible at keeping things from me.

"Oh Jacque," I said sweetly, "would you go to the bathroom with me?" I asked, her big brown eyes met mine and she looked scared.

"Ummm," she stalled.

"Jacque and I have to go to the gym," Simon said suddenly and pulled her up with him, "we have to," he said slowly.

"Practice for the play," Jacque supplied quickly nodding her head, now I knew she was lying.

"What play?" I smiled up at them, Simon turned to Jacque, who was fast becoming pale.

"It's a secret," Simon shouted when it became apparent that Jacque was frozen in place.

"Uh huh," I said evenly, obviously not believing him.

Simon pulled Jacque away from the table and the boys never said another word. I kept waiting for one of them to talk, but no one said anything.

"Well that was a titillating discussion," I said suddenly pushing away from the table, "but I need to go change."

"Change?" Grady asked, apparently coming out of his stupor.

"Yea," I said putting my tray on top of his, "they are making us wear our uniforms to third period since this is going to be a long pep rally," I answered grabbing my bag.

"Oh," he said looking up at me.

"Yea..." I said again and then turned away. "See you guys later," I waved over my shoulder.