Chapter 31

As much as I wanted him to win I didn't see the harm in trying to get him to lose. Hey all's fair in love and I wanted that jeep!

I tried all week long to get him to lose, but the boy had iron will. Tuesday morning I came down to breakfast, knowing he would be there, in a skimpy tank top and a pair of shorts that might as well have been underwear. All I got was a steamy gaze, a chuckle, and, "It's gonna take more effort than that Ros," as he walked out of the kitchen. Jerk face.

Wednesday at lunch a chair was missing from the table and conveniently I was the last one to join the group.

"Where am I supposed to sit?" I asked, balancing the tray on one hand so the other could rest on my hip.

"Right here," Grady replied, scooting back so that there was room on his lap, grinning up at me.

"Ha," I replied moving towards Justin. "Would you mind?

"Not at all," he smiled scooting back just enough so that I could sit on his knee.

I sent a smug smile to the now glaring Grady as I took the first bite of my burger.

"You are going to get me killed," Justin whispered behind me.

"Oh don't worry about him," I whispered back. "He's just being a jerk," I slung my arm over his shoulder laughing.

"I'm definitely dead," he gulped as Grady pushed back from the table.

"May I speak with you please?" he asked me through clenched teeth, that muscle in his jaw ticking away.

"I'm kinda eating here GG," I smiled up at him, Ryder chocked out a laugh.

"Now," Grady growled, my stomach flipped as he looked down at me.

"Fine," I sighed, standing and letting him lead me into the deserted hall way. "What did you want to say?" I asked when he finally turned to look at me, but instead of saying anything he took a step forward. Those blazing eyes had me taking a step back until I hit the wall.

"Roslyn," he gritted, stopping just far enough away that he was not touching me, but it was still close enough to have my skin burning.

"Yes," I swallowed.

"I love you," he said, leaning down so that his face hovered just above mine.

"So you have said," I answered as he planted his hands next to my head, careful not to touch me, but how I wanted him to.

"I would prefer," he lips came closer so that they were almost brushing across mine, "if you did not sit in the laps of other boys."

"O-O-Okay," I stuttered unable to focus on anything other than his inviting lips.

"Grady?" I asked, but there was no real question there, so he raised his eyebrow at me and I could not hold myself back any longer. My lips attached to his and he let out a long strangled moan as he pressed me into the wall. The fire in my blood roared as his mouth moved hungrily over mine, his tongue searching every inch of my mouth as I tried to pull him ever closer. My mouth deviated from his as I started pressing hot kisses to his jaw.

"Roslyn," he groaned as my tongue traced over his pulsing veins, I loved that sound. He pulled my hair lightly until my mouth found his again, I heard cheering as his movement slowed.

"We have an audience," he whispered against my cheek, but I didn't understand his words, did not want to; all I wanted to was to pull his mouth back down to mine. I was still pressing soft kisses to his face when I heard the cheering grow louder.

"GO ROSLYN!!!" It was a female's voice, a very familiar one. I turned my head to see Jacque, Casey, and Cassidy whooping at us.

"Oh god," I groaned as Grady chuckled in my ear. "So not funny GG," I turned back to look at him.