Chapter 34

"Roslyn," my father's voice cut through the kitchen"

"Yes daddy?" I asked, turning to look at him, bagel hanging out of my mouth.

"We need to talk," his voice was serious, my brow wrinkled in confusion.

"Okay..." I followed him to his office where he shut the door as I fell into one of the chairs.

"Alright," he sat across from me and scrubbed a hand over his tired face. "Now that you are dating Grady there have to be some rules."

"Like?" I asked cautiously.

"No more sleepovers in your bed," he pointed to me.

"Okay," I nodded.

"No cuddling on the couch," he ticked off a second finger.

"Okay," I agreed.

"You have to be home before 11 on school nights and 2 am on weekends," wow a curfew...

"Okay," I nodded.

"You will not be allowed to stay the night at Grady's unless there is some soft of emergency."

"Yes sir," I answered, still slightly confused. These were all rules that had already been in place...weren't they?

"Lastly," he sat back in his chair, "no sex until you are 30."

At that I busted out laughing, my father's pale face relaxed a bit as I held my sides.

"Daddy," I laughed harder, "30 really?"

"Yes," he laughed back. "It was the highest number that popped into my head."

"Daddy you have nothing to worry about," I took another bite of my bagel.

"I know Grady is a good boy," he smiled, "but a parent cannot ignore the things they hear. Some people in this town have bad opinions of him, so I am just warning you."

"Daddy I know what I am getting myself into," I sat forward. "Grady is a player, always has been and he probably always will be. This is nothing serious," I lied straight through my teeth. This was all very serious to me, but I knew Grady changed women like other people changed their underwear.

"Alright then honey," he smiled before standing, "now go get ready for school," he commanded with a soft kiss to my forehead.

"Yes sir," I saluted before leaving the room.

"Did you get the talk too?" Grady asked, causing me to jump.

"Sheesh," I held my hand to my pounding heart, but couldn't tell if I was scared or just affected by him. "Don't do that!" I yelled slapping his chest, my skin colliding with his.

"Sorry," he grinned, catching my hand.

"No you're not," I scoffed, pulling my hand away.

"Yes I am," he pulled me back to him, pouting.

"Stop it," I grumbled up at him.

"I said I was sorry," he kissed my forehead.

"Uh huh," I nodded, my face sweeping up his very warm chest.

"Do you accept my apology?" he asked, running his hands through my hair.

"I guess," I sighed, "but you still have to let me go," I reasoned with my fingers as they grazed down his tan skin.

"And why is that?" he whispered.

"No PDA," I answered, "and we have to get ready for school," I pulled myself away from him.