Chapter 32

"I would just like to once again say, 'I told you so," Jacque flashed me a smug smile as we dug through my closet.

"You've said it like a hundred times now," I rolled my eyes, holding up a shirt for her inspection.

"No," she said simply, yanking it from my hands and throwing it over her shoulder.

The pile outside my closet was massive, I eyed it warily wondering how we were going to get out.

"Ummm maybe this was a bad idea," I sighed, sitting back on my legs. I had called her last night to tell her about the date, she screeched in my ear for over fifteen minutes before coming over to help me plan my outfit. We've been in this closet for over an hour going through all my clothes; that according to her were just not first date clothes. 

"It is not Ros," Jacque turned to me

"I just don't understand why I can't wear this," I said pointing down to my favorite jeans and the tee shirt I had pulled on earlier.

"Roslyn," she glared at me, "this is your first date ever, don't you want to look nice for Grady?" she asked.

"Well yes," I admitted, "but I still wanna be me," I let my shoulders drop.

"We can do that," she smiled, "compromise is my middle name," she said standing up.

"No, it is not," I laughed, standing next to her, "it's Prudence."

"Please don't spread that around," she laughed pulling me over the mound of clothes. "Now come on," she pulled harder as we went through my door, "We are going shopping."

"Shopping?" I groaned as we passed through the living room where all the boys were busy playing video games.

"Hey Ros," Simon smiled up at me and I chose to ignore him, but he would not be ignored.

"I said I was sorry," he mumbled pulling me into a quick hug.

"I know," I sighed, waiting for Grady to yell at him.

"Then forgive me already so we can kiss and make up," still no objection from Grady.

"Fine," I grumbled.

He hugged me harder and placed a kiss on my cheek before letting go to move onto Jacque. I took the free seconds I had to scan the room looking for Grady. There he was sitting on the couch with everyone, totally engrossed in the game they were playing. Lucky for him I am not one of those girls starved for attention, but I was aggravated that he had not said one word to me since I stepped into the room.

"Ros you wanna turn?" Ryder asked from my chair.

"Yea sure," I shrugged my shoulders.

"Ros is here?" Grady asked from in front of me, eyes still on the screen. I wanted to hit him upside the head.

"Ummm yea," Ryder looked at him, "she's been standing behind you for like five minutes..."

"Does she look angry," Grady asked, swerving on screen to miss an oncoming car.

"Not particularly," Ryder answered, shooting me a smile.

"What color are her eyes?" he asked, instead of turning to look at me, I rolled the things in question.

"I can't really tell from here," Ryder answered, squinting at me.

"For the love of god," I sighed, jumping over the couch to sit next to Grady. "GG," I poked his side.

"I love you," he offered, still not looking at me.

"You have a funny way of showing it," I mumbled catching the controller that Ryder threw at me.